Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My permanent charging stuff is in.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Al Sherman

It's about THIS car.
Nov 29, 2012
Batesville, IN
While I'm waiting (patiently?) for Shane to come home from the Model S hospital I thought I'd attempt some photos of my charger configuration in the garage. HPWC, and two 14-50's so we're ready for the "get together." Come on out and set a spell!:smile:

DSC04215.JPG
DSC04216.JPG
DSC04218.JPG
DSC04221.JPG
DSC04222.JPG

Just curious, what is feeding your new 200 amp panel? Did you get a second, dedicated, meter for that?

Jeff

Yes. We upgraded the house service from 400 to 800 and got another meter. We only have the one 200 amp panel but the other 200 amps is available.

Incidentally, they make a much smaller panel since I only have the two 14-50's and the HPWC but it was much more expensive so...

Incidentally, they make a much smaller panel since I only have the two 14-50's and the HPWC but it was much more expensive so...

Yes, I run into this all the time. When you're talking about this level of current, it's typically cheaper to go with whole-home service panels rather than smaller sub-panels.