Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY pick up experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was ready to pick up my MY this morning. Inspections went well, there were some minor paint chips and slight misalignment of a tail light. I asked them to fix the tail light before acceptance, which should not take long. On my way home, they called and told me the roof glass was broken while they were trying to fix the tail light alignment! Now there are 2 options: 1, have them replace the roof glass, which is about 1 week; 2, reject this vehicle and wait for a new vin. My question is, how could the roof glass be so fragile? Any suggestions on what to do next?

Reject it. I would forever be worried about an assembly issue causing stress on the glass. That roof should be very difficult to break.

Thank you for your input. A follow up question: do you think, by replacing the roof glass, they might actually fix the assembly/stress problems that otherwise would not have been discovered? I don’t know if you’re aware of other folks with similar experience - having the roof glass broken while aligning the tail light.

Last edited:
Thank you for your input. A follow up question: do you think, by replacing the roof glass, they might actually fix the assembly/stress problems that otherwise would not have been discovered? I don’t know if you’re aware of other folks with similar experience - having the roof glass broken while aligning the tail light.
I don’t know.

One thing I do know about Tesla’s, any time they have to “manually adjust” something after it rolls off the assembly line, the odds of it working or fitting correctly ever again diminish significantly.

• Funny
Reactions: raggedy