Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My pickup is tomorrow at 1000...still no contract

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Matt L

Jul 20, 2018
OK USA
Has anyone just not had it show up? Will this be one of those last minute delays?

I’ve already been delayed once. I think if I don’t get it tomorrow, I’m going to cancel and possibly try again later once Tesla gets their act together.

My pickup appointment is 12:30 on Monday, so I have a couple more days then you. I am still waiting on the contract and I am fairly sure the estimated amount due at delivery is low (I'm convinced they are missing some local taxes); will be another ~$200. My ISA said "[w]orst case bring a personal check and we can use that up to $6000."

My pickup appointment is 12:30 on Monday, so I have a couple more days then you. I am still waiting on the contract and I am fairly sure the estimated amount due at delivery is low (I'm convinced they are missing some local taxes); will be another ~$200. My ISA said "[w]orst case bring a personal check and we can use that up to $6000."

I have like $7800 due. Any idea if they will take a cashiers check?

The original "Final Delivery/Pickup Appointment Confirmation" email (sent after talking with me), includes "Please bring a bank certified check for the remainder amount due.The check can be made out to 'Tesla Inc'. You can also submit an ACH payment as well, through your Tesla Account". A cashier's check is a "bank certified check"

Btw, I am doing 3rd party financing for part of the cost. So the "Payment Method" does not have a green check mark like the other items. And I do not have a place to make a ACH payment yet.

We picked up our third Model 3 in our household a week ago. It was 8 days from configure to delivery. Our contract showed up on our account the day before delivery. We were paying cash so no big deal as we were able to go to our bank and get a cashiers check for the amount. If you are financing, I suppose you may need to reschedule your delivery a few days. Even before our contract showed up online, the delivery guy at Santa Barbara already had our info a few days in advance and told us over the phone what the check amount should be.

I certainly would not cancel one of the best, if not the very best, car ever made over a hassle of a late contract.

• Disagree
Reactions: GreenT and Troy916
Has anyone just not had it show up? Will this be one of those last minute delays?

I’ve already been delayed once. I think if I don’t get it tomorrow, I’m going to cancel and possibly try again later once Tesla gets their act together.
I would not show up to the delivery center if your contract does not show up under the mytesla account page. You're just going to waste your time tomorrow. Read my experience here
First, I want to be clear that I am one of the biggest fan of Tesla. I love the model 3 design, the concept, the company mission and vision. I am a long term Tesla investor, not a Shorter. Here is my experience for today's delivery:

1. Reserved: Jan 2017. Invited: 6/29. Configured the same day. Vin assigned on 7/12 490xx. Delivery scheduled: 7/20 @ Costa Mesa (today). My configuration: RWD LR RED Sport Wheels PUP EAP + FS
2. I selected an option for Tesla lending. Loan approved for 3.55% with US BANK (7 days before delivery) Turned it down. Went to local credit union and got approved for 1.9% (6 days before delivery) Contacted Tesla right away to change the payment information.
3. Tesla updated the account 3 days before delivery. I noticed that there was a mistake with the down payment and loan payment. Contacted Tesla for a change.
4. OA went MIA for 3 consecutive days. I sent several emails and left several voice messages.
5. My appointment was at 2:00 in Costa Mesa. Both wife and I took the day off for the delivery. I received a call an hour before delivery just to be informed that the system has been down for final purchase agreement adjustment. In this case, they moved my delivery date until Monday next week.

My take on this: Improvements still need to be made in order to guarantee a smooth delivery experience. I like the whole online selling and configuration. The lack of response for a long period of time is unacceptable from customer service perspective. Sometimes we just need a person to talk to. Oh I should also mention stay away from Costa Mesa delivery center. They are so backed up. Don't ruin your delivery experience.

I still can't wait to get the car....

• Informative
Reactions: gene
Bomquito,
I am sorry for your experience but it looks like the system was down so no one at Tesla could finalize the contracts. I have heard of many experiences where the delivery center can finalize paperwork as long as all systems are up. It might take longer but they can do it. Yours sounds like it was unfortunate.
Force

My Car is at the store but no contract, so no delivery today. They bumped me to next week because of the contract delays. Tesla never seems prepared for volume.

@Matt L yikes! Sorry you had to cancel.

You would think they would be more proactive when folks are trying to give them $ .. maybe Tesla doesn't need our $ after all :rolleyes:

It has nothing to do with Tesla. Contracts are done by a third party. What you’re saying is akin to going to a store, not being able to use your credit or debit card because the network is down, and you saying that the store doesn’t need your business. :rolleyes: