Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My pickup is tomorrow at 1000...still no contract

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has nothing to do with Tesla. Contracts are done by a third party. What you’re saying is akin to going to a store, not being able to use your credit or debit card because the network is down, and you saying that the store doesn’t need your business. :rolleyes:

I don't effing care. I am dealing with Tesla ... not with this 3rd party.

Granted the system was down today, but that's no reason for the delay/tardy responses in the days prior :rolleyes:

Has nothing to do with Tesla, but nice job assuming.

While I see your point. I have been emailing my DS since Monday. Had everything lined up for payment since Tuesday. If Tesla was on the ball they would have had all the paperwork already done and sitting in a folder.

So it’s partially the growing pains of Tesla.

It has nothing to do with Tesla. Contracts are done by a third party. What you’re saying is akin to going to a store, not being able to use your credit or debit card because the network is down, and you saying that the store doesn’t need your business. :rolleyes:
So they were handed the third party contract company...or did they select it? Seems like they should bear the fault for what appears to be a bad choice.

1.5 hours for me. What time is your appointment?

4:30 pm. How about you?

My Delivery Is Scheduled Today, 2 more hours to go! No contract shown on my account as well

Just called Fremont Delivery Hub, Contract will be provided when I reach there. So I guess I will see what happen~

Man I hope that’s the case. I’m about to head down there. Fingers crossed!!

If your DS was on the ball and printed your paperwork before it went down yesterday, then you should be good.

I would call before driving over personally.

Update Live @Fremont

They said that there is unplanned system update last night for contract generation. Working on my contract back there.

Do have a chance to see my car, no major mis-allignment, but do see sticks from the plastic wrap around the car, getting it buffed at the back now.

Odometer at 7 miles. Manfacture Month: June. Asked for exact date but agent said he does not know...

Anything to worry?

Attachments

• C78B680E-2C9B-4D70-B8FA-61DE0F03D00C.png
    C78B680E-2C9B-4D70-B8FA-61DE0F03D00C.png
    876.2 KB · Views: 70
We were scheduled to pick up tomorrow in Costa Mesa. No contract yet so I called the delivery center and was told the system was down so they're rescheduling pickups.

Our inside delivery advisor emailed and told me the contract would be ready at delivery.

Mixed messages here.

Has nothing to do with Tesla, but nice job assuming.

It has everything to do with Tesla. In all of my years of dealing with B2B vendors, and having them try to pawn responsibility for things off on their "partners" and their "contractors" the thing I always told them was that, as far as I am concerned your partner/contractor is you. You contracted with them, so I hold you responsible for their failures. Period. End of discussion.

Beyond that, someone at Tesla should be doing a better job of mitigating the situation. "Umm, our system is down. Come back later." when someone shows up is very poor form.

Last edited:
Got my car now! Much better after buffing!

Enjoying every second on it!

They do really need to do a better job on the whole delivery process. Only shitty brew coffee in the waiting area now. And it is not true that you can be in and out 5 minutes. I was there for at least 1 hour.

Good Luck for those that are still waiting.

As of 3:30 EST , no confirmation that it is up yet.

Due to crazy work schedule, Tesla will give me a P100D as a loaner until the system is up. They will also come to my house to get the paperwork signed since it is way harder for my wife to take off work during the week. So they are trying hard to ease my pain.

Reactions: Ejl80
I have like $7800 due. Any idea if they will take a cashiers check?
Yes. They will.

I emailed Tesla corporate today!!!! and yes I know its a Saturday and they are closed...however they responded ASAP.

This is their response to me as I asked them the same question.:

Garlan,

For the down payment, we can take ACH payment or cashier’s check. The ACH payment is typically available about 24 hours prior to delivery, and you can make that ahead of time.

Sincerely,

NA Financial Services l Credit Team
6800 Dumbarton Circle | Fremont, CA 94555
p 650.681.6789 e [email protected]

clip_image001.gif

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

P Please consider the environment before printing this email