I had a 3 year lease on a P100D, then 3 years in an Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio and now I’m back into a Plaid, and this is my wish list.
- Screen saver - I’d like the OPTION for the screen to significantly darken when it times out after a minute or so when no buttons have been pushed so that its not so distracting during the day, or especially on long drives at night. Since the plaid has a display over the steering wheel, the center screen can become redundant on long drives, and is annoying in the corner of my peripheral vision. I understand some safety features may need to be continually illuminated.
- Turn cameras on dashboard - Displaying the side cameras when changing lanes is an incredibly useful safety feature that cannot be understated. However, in the plaid it needs to be displayed on either side of the dashboard (temporarily displacing the navigation if turning left or the speed if turning right) for maximum effect. It is unnatural to have to look right and down to see the camera view on the center screen before looking in the left hand mirror before making a move into the left hand lane.
- I recognize there is an irrational hatred for apple play/android by Tesla, but considering that Tesla now has a Hertz fleet this needs to change. Whenever I rent a car, I can confidently rent any model I choose, safe in the knowledge that I can simply plug in my phone with my personal addresses and destinations and off I go, without having to learn or navigate the model specific interface. Apple play will always come up with its familiar interface. Tesla needs to include this OPTION on all of its models if it wants to include them in any rental fleet.
- Real Time Trip computer - My old model S had a handy trip graphing feature that showed battery depletion as a function of distance to my destination. To many, that may have seemed unintelligible, or possibly unnecessary, but I found it incredibly reassuring. It automatically adjusted based on vehicle speed and conditions, which may not be obvious to new Tesla owners. It really helped in deciding if superchargers could be safely bypassed, and gave important information when driving conditions unexpectedly changed. It was both helpful and reassuring.
- Motor deactivation/performance page - It would be lovely to have, as many sports cars have, a performance page showing horsepower, torque, which motors are in use, torque vectoring, and other information which is being continuously collected.
- Correct turn signals -
- It is an obvious and necessary fix to put the left turn signal on the upper left steering wheel, and right turn signal on the upper right. This could even be done with an OTA update and some stickers.
- Decades of muscle memory requires the horn to be in the center of the steering wheel. I have reflexively pushed the center of the steering wheel only to be met with a dangerous silence. That would required a hardware change, but until then, perhaps pushing the upper left and upper right buttons simultaneously in a panic might be something I could train myself to do.
- Bottom left steering wheel button could be washers, but safety would suggest headlight brights might be better placed here.