TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

My poor P85 and Dorn's Body & Paint in Central Virginia

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by techmaven, Oct 22, 2015.

1. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

I was rear ended last month which meant that my 2013 P85 is now at Dorn's Body & Paint in Mechanicsville, VA. The Toyota that hit me submarined under the rear bumper, so the aluminum floor pan is what took most of the hit. If it were bumper only, it would be about a $2k repair. They also nicked my back hatch. Now it is more of a $15k repair.

IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0035.jpg

Apparently Dorn's is getting a bunch of vehicles from all over, including the DC area and Raleigh. If you want a picture of your vehicle during repair, please let me know, I'm probably going to be there 2-3 more times before my vehicle is done in the next 2 or so weeks.

2. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

Oof, sorry to hear that.

Makes my recent door seem minuscule by comparison, although it did p*ss me off royally...

3. jthompson

jthompson JThompson

So sorry to see and hear that Bill!!! I have a Black P85 (2012) as you may remember, and it hurts me to see what that driver did to your car.

4. anthony

anthony Member

You should see the other guy...

My Damage looked almost the same. The total for me was $28k, 2 months with no vehicle, and I was able to get $5k in diminished resale value, though that took some fighting.

5. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I'm so sorry to see this. I am praying that I can keep my girl a virgin!