Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My positive CPO experience in SoCal, Buena Park SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had placed my $1k deposit on 03/09/17, I started looking on the Tesla site but really didnt find what I was looking for and for a price that I could afford. I called Tesla and was connected to Mohamed out of the Buena Park location. I told him my price range and the packages that I was looking for. Within about 10 minutes he found a 2013 P85 that had everything that I wanted and for a price that was in the budget, so I put my deposit down and my waiting time started. After reading various posts about CPO wait times and problems, I immediately prepared myself mentally to receive the car 6-8 weeks, during this time frame I did have contact with Mohamed through email, albeit some emails were not responded to, so I would just re-send the email again. He would usually answer me the 2nd email if he didn't respond to the 1st email, so I wasn't too disappointed.

Around week 3 or 4 I did receive pictures of my CPO and in the pictures I could see white circles in various places as if someone marked the imperfections, so I knew the car was being worked on. Still mentally ready to be expecting my car around the end of April, I received an email on 04/19/17 (almost 6 weeks to the "T") saying that my car was ready!!!! Mohamed also cc'd a Emily from the BP location and we started discussing various delivery dates/times. I was originally going to get the car on Saturday (today: 04/22/17) but there was a slight mis-communication and she had scheduled me for Friday (04/21/17) at 4pm instead of Saturday. So I emailed Mohamed back and said that Friday at 4pm may not be able to work for me, so I asked for an earlier time. This time I received an email from Wendy from the BP location and she said there was an 11am available, so I accepted that time. I figured I would get a ride to work from the wifey, and then I'd Uber to the bank and then to the BP SC.

So Friday morning I Uber to my bank, I get there around 10:30am and the paperwork was not ready for me to sign, I had called Wendy and explained I was going to be late, she was super accommodating and just said to email her when I'm on my way. Well, my bank messed up the paperwork, not once, not twice...BUT 3x's!!!!!! I had to wait each time because every time they had to re-print the docs, it had to go through the loan officer. Not only that, but right before they cut the check, they had to run my credit AGAIN!!!!! By this time it was 2pm and I was un-sure if I was going to be denied delivery because I was past my scheduled time. Around that time Wendy called me and was concerned if I was ok, I explained to her what happened and she was more than accommodating and understanding of my situation, she basically told me to not worry about it and to email her once I leave the bank. That put me at ease because I was basically car-less and had to pick up the kids before 6pm.

So everything finally gets squared away at the bank, I get an Uber to the dealer, get there about 3pm, I walk in and ask for Wendy, they say give us a minute to find her. After about 2 minutes Wendy walks over and says, "hey!, you finally made it" Yes!! I explain to her what happened and thanked her for being accommodating about my situation. We finally get to the delivery area and I'm floored!!!!!!! It's beautiful!!!! I felt like I was walking into the delivery room to see my newly born child!!!!!

After I stopped drooling, I start overlooking the car, the paint, the gaps, wheels, interior.....everything!!!!! Am I still dreaming, I can't find a single blemish!!! Are all the other stories I've read about true?????

So Wendy starts with the presentation/delivery walk through, we pretty much cover almost every area of the car, she answers all of my questions, she even had my driver profile named for me already!!!!!!! AND When it was time to go over the charging aspects, when she opened the charging port, there must have been some wax residue, she actually took a napkin and wiped it off!!!!!! I also asked for a list of items that were repaired/replaced and she was more than happy to walk back to her office and retrieve the paperwork. At this time we sit down, go over the financial details/title and other paperwork. I'm still in shock, I still can't believe how smooth this portion of the delivery is going!!!!! We finish everything up, she drives the car out of the delivery room/area and I leave with a SUPER big smile on my face!!!!

The main reason why I wanted to post this is in light of all the negative posts of the SoCal SC, I wanted to share my VERY positive experience and to let other buyers know that there is still quality control and attention to detail being delivered at this particular location.

I can't thank Mohamed and Wendy enough!!!!!!

I've kind of been following the CPO threads and am so happy that your experience turned out so well. That car looks fabulous, brand spanking new. Especially stunning in the first photo with the silver gray and white background! And I really like the wheels on it. Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience. We bought new and had a very smooth positive experience so it's always good to hear others, new or CPO or inventory, having the same.

BTW what color is your car? is that the dove gray? Oh and you have a spoiler on yours too. Very nice. Enjoy driving. Now that you've got your car you need to add it to your signature. Welcome to the family.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone!!!!

SMAlset:

The color is the metallic gray.

A couple of questions not that I have had the car for about 2.5 days:

I notice when I accelerate from a dead stop, there is a slight "thump" coming from under towards the middle of the car, normal or should I take it in?

At various times throughout the day, there is a glare on the main monitor, are there any screen protectors available for this?