TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

My Powerwall 2 was installed in March of 2017 and I am still waiting to receive the SGIP rebate.

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by M32Mars, May 17, 2018.

1. M32Mars

M32Mars Member

Has anyone actually received the rebate? I just keep hearing excuses from both TE and PG&E...

2. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Active Member

You can see the status of every rebate, ever, here:

SGIP | Resources
    Section 9:
    download "Real-Time Public Report"

search for your SGIP rebate ID to see status

3. mattack4000

mattack4000 Active Member

How much is the rebate?

4. miimura

miimura Active Member

I just received a notice that PG&E has received the final paperwork for my SGIP rebate. They have 10 days to review the paperwork and either approve or ask for more docs. Then they will have it inspected to make sure that the as-built matches the paperwork. I still have no idea when I will receive the funds.

5. miimura

miimura Active Member

It depends on which rebate Step you are in and how big your installation is.

6. SoundDaTrumpet

Step N: PWx1 PWx2

Step 2: 4640 9280 (base factor)
    Step 3: 4060 8120 (Step 2 x 0.35/0.40)
    Step 4: 3480 6960 (Step 2 x 0.30/0.40)
    Step 5: (do the math yourself) (Step 2 x 0.25/0.40)

(Step 1 was 0.50/0.40. The IPO bull rush pulled a special trigger that ruined it for the rest of us)

If you are low income, you have a special carve out allocation at a better rate.
    For PWx3 or more, different rules.

7. zanary

zanary Member

I'm Part of Step #2, and my ICF claim forms was submitted to PG&E on Thursday, so now I wait to hear if I get inspected by PG&E. If no inspection, I'll get my check in 2 weeks. If inspected, I'll get it 2 week after my inspection has cleared.

8. TomDiego

TomDiego Member

My 2x Powerwall 2 installation was completed on December 29, 2017.

I contacted my installer on Friday and got back the following message:

"We submitted your Incentive Claim Form on 4/18/18 once we received your Tesla discharge data. The Center of Sustainable Energy has been inspecting and approving applications for the last few weeks, and they are getting to about 3-5 applications a week. We are hoping that they will start to increase that soon, but it still may be another few weeks until they get to your project."​

• Informative x 2