Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Price Increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has increased the price of the Long Range Model Y again (as of 6/9/21):
Long Range Model Y: $52,490 (the price has increased by $500 since the May 21 price increase.)
Performance Model Y: $60,990

Model 3 Prices (for comparison)
SR+: $39,990
Long Range: $48,990
Performance: $56,990

Tesla has increased the price of the Long Range Model Y again (as of 6/9/21):
Long Range Model Y: $52,490 (the price has increased by $500 since the May 21 price increase.)

Estimated delivery is also showing September for the Long Range Model Y. It still shows 2-10 weeks for the Performance version.

I ordered my car in late Feb, but just completed my order details online a couple of nights ago. My estimated delivery date shows Sep 3 - Oct 3.

Est-Deliv-Date.jpg

For $4500 additional you can get a Performance Model Y versus a Long Range Model Y. The Performance Model Y is the better choice if this applies to you:

1) You plan to upgrade from the Gemini wheels to the Induction wheels ($2,000)
2) You plan to purchase the acceleration boost (AB) ($2,000 in vehicle upgrade after purchase)
3) You prefer the new projector beam headlights (currently only available on the Performance Model Y)
4) You want to take delivery within 2 to 10 weeks.
5) Staggered 21" Uberturbine wheels and performance tires
6) Performance brakes
7) Performance suspension
8) Aluminum driving pedals
9) Spoiler and badging
10) Fastest and quickest Model Y available

Last edited:
Reactions: zpaul and Mr X
If I saved an extra $500 per week for the Y I could only just keep up with the price increases lately.
Why don’t you put your $100 down and ask your SA to hold delivery 6 months or more out to avoid price increases. Otherwise you are going to keep getting hit by these. I ordered mine in April for $50,990 and am kicking myself for not having put the deposit down when it was $48,990 a month prior.

I am not sure. My SA didn't mention anything about it and I put mine on hold until August. It sounded like I could push it out longer to September or October if I wanted.
I ordered on 7May, and my SA was able to put it on hold until 15Nov. Has anyone seen official published guidance on order hold limits? Sounds like it's been hearsay up to this point, and SAs have quite a lot of flexibility.
1623341951262.png

I put in an order for a Y and a 3 a week or so ago in anticipation of these continuous price increases. I think Tesla is rightfully anticipating massive demand once the tax rebate is passed and is slowly adjusting their pricing to bring supply and demand into balance once that happens.

In the small print, a 90-day max delay is mentioned. Whether or not they will enforce this is another matter. If the prices keep going up, I imagine they probably aren't going to be that interested in allowing people paying less to string out their orders indefinitely when people willing to pay more are queuing up.

The price of the Long Range Model Y has just increased by $500 to $52,990 US. The price of the Performance Model Y has not changed, still $60,990 US. If you are planning on purchasing a Long Range Model Y with the optional 20" Induction wheel upgrade ($2,000) and then purchase the acceleration boost software upgrade after purchase ($2,000), it makes more sense than ever to purchase the Performance Model Y instead. For an additional $4000 you get the 21" Uberturbine wheels, performance brakes, lowered suspension, aluminum driving pedals and carbon fiber spoiler. Even with the acceleration boost the Long Range Model Y is at least a half second slower to 60 MPH than the Performance Model Y, has a lower top speed.