Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My project making good looking aero wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would compare it to 19 inch because those are the people who want the max range. Those with 21 inch rims are the one after the looks and probably do not want to sacrifice the looks for some small increase in range. I mean sure these aero rims might be better aesthetically compare to the old discontinued aero rims tesla offered, but they are definitely no where as good looking as the 21 inch turbine rims.

In my opinion if you are targeting the 21 inch market, you would probably be in for a surprise on how low the demand would be. I would focus on the 19 inch rim and simulate according to these.

• Helpful
Reactions: SeminoleFSU
Agreed. I would only be interested in 19" since they weigh less than the 21s and are more comfortable/better with potholes. I recently just bought a pair of the new 19" slipstreams as I am hoping they are a little more efficient than my original 5 spoke base rims. Thats an interesting point you make about how the stock rims do not draw air efficiently, they must have sacrificed the efficiency for easier maintenance when doing tire rotations etc.

IMG_0007.JPG

I would like everyone that is interested in our wheel to go to our website http://www.xtraero.com and show your interest by adding your email. We are applying for a government grant for the TÜV certification process and the grant is based on market potential. That is why we need to know the number of potential buyers. We will only send an email when the product is ready to sell.