Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY PUP 100% charge range - 289 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my first new Tesla. I had a CPO Model X (90d) that was rated at 257 miles range at new. When I got it, 100% charge showed 242. I've since learned about battery degradation and how to stop obsessing over it and using % instead etc. (How I Recovered Half of my Battery's Lost Capacity) but I did have a road trip this last weekend and charged my new Y to 100% for the first time (I've had it a week). It showed a max of 289 miles. I'm curious if other people have seen the official rated distance when they charge to 100% when brand new? While the numbers themselves are not that important, I will watch how they change to know when I need to trigger another BMS estimate.

Moderator note - please move this post under the battery / charging section. Sorry.

So, I had two Model S for ~5.5 years and received Model Y PUP back in March 30th. I'm very aware of distance/energy/mileage...etc as well. For me, my 100% charge was showing 282 miles and now it's 277 miles. In my own personal range test, I charged it to 100% and drove it down to 1%, Model Y has 70kWh usable battery for the driver. And that might change as your battery deteriorates and how hard the car has to work.

So, if you keep your eyes on Wh/mi and it has up to 70kWh, you should be able to derive on how far you can go with your car.

This is my first new Tesla. I had a CPO Model X (90d) that was rated at 257 miles range at new. When I got it, 100% charge showed 242. I've since learned about battery degradation and how to stop obsessing over it and using % instead etc. (How I Recovered Half of my Battery's Lost Capacity) but I did have a road trip this last weekend and charged my new Y to 100% for the first time (I've had it a week). It showed a max of 289 miles. I'm curious if other people have seen the official rated distance when they charge to 100% when brand new? While the numbers themselves are not that important, I will watch how they change to know when I need to trigger another BMS estimate.

Moderator note - please move this post under the battery / charging section. Sorry.
I just asked a similar question regarding range. My LR Model Y shows max of 299 when charged to 100%.

I've gotten the rated range multiple times. Everyone likes to get out on the freeway at 70 mph and try to measure range there but that isn't necessarily valid. In a mixture of city / highway driving in good weather, I've easily averaged low enough Wh/mi to go the distance.