Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Quad Lock Wireless Charging Setup

I've been using Quad Lock for several years now, but not exclusively until they released their MAG line. Inspired by @FastEddieB, I came up with a solution for mounting my iPhone 14 Pro Max in my 2022 Model Y. So far it's been holding strong.

Here are the parts I used:

* 360 Adhesive Base
* 360 Dual Pivot (Medium)
* 360 Single Pivot
* MAG Wireless Charging Head

3EFA9A28-C65E-47C0-B7AF-F30E5116D8BB_1_105_c.jpeg

0AB2D3C4-C37A-4D88-BFE6-0966B33748E4_1_105_c.jpeg
539B209B-EA74-4D15-B6D7-A50EADD93AD5_1_105_c.jpeg

Slightly off-topic, I also bought the car vent mount w/ wireless MAG head for my 2018 Model X.

973E8214-22D4-488A-9A96-CD87B1997235_1_105_c.jpeg

Reactions: FastEddieB
Had you considered Magbak’s Model Y mount?

Had you considered Magbak’s Model Y mount?

Yes, I ruled that one out earlier for several reasons including lack of adjustability, and a friend had a poor experience with his M3 (Magbak refunded him).

Ultimately, for me one of the biggest advantages of the Quad Lock system is that its useful to me in multiple vehicles and in other applications (motorcycles, electric scooters, bicycles, etc...) whereas the Magbak would only be useful to me in the Model Y. I really like that I don't have to switch phone cases. Their latest generation of cases are so much better than before.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC