Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Quick Bolt Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was surprised and disappointed to see @pjoseph's unkind remark. If you can't manage to have a civil disagreement here on TMC, you're certainly not going to help cool down conversations in less thoughtful fora.

I don't know McRat; haven't met McRat; frequently disagree with McRat; sometimes agree with McRat; find McRat's postings thoughtful, even when obviously plain wrong (in my opinion); but will gladly defend McRat's posting.

Have no interest in learning more about McRat's prostate, or the exact nature of the problems McRat's wife has solved for him. :)(*)

Geez louise...

Alan

(*)Could never have imagined when I woke up this morning that I would type a sentence like that one.
I've had similar thoughts about McRat, but I was not sufficiently clever to actually put it down in printable words.
I learn from McRat, even when I disagree with him, what more can one ask?

And now we know McRat has cool robotic toys... need pix! What do they do?!

They are called Coordinate Measuring Machines, and we have 9 of them currently. They are used for measuring the dimensions of manufactured parts. These are the 4 of them:

mainroom.jpg

I was surprised and disappointed to see @pjoseph's unkind remark.
I don't know McRat; haven't met McRat; frequently disagree with McRat; sometimes agree with McRat; find McRat's postings thoughtful, even when obviously plain wrong (in my opinion); but will gladly defend McRat's posting.

Please go back and read HIS original message to me (earlier in this thread).

And lookup strawman fallacy to understand why his response was completely irrelevant to what i wrote.

Hi, @pjoseph,

I think I found McRat's original message to you, which I think was this:

A Leaf owner saying a Bolt looks like arse. Wow. I suggest next time you drive, put down your cellphone and look at the cars around you and what designs they are. Those are the car designs folk are buying.

And if this is indeed the message that offended you, I would agree that it's an ad hominem rather than a reasoned argument.

Unfortunately, I can't find your response any more -- the one which I (hopefully gently) chided you for. And, given my advanced age and rapidly declining mental faculties, I no longer recall what you wrote. The upshot being that I also no longer recall why I thought your remark was unkind.

In turn, I am brought to my final argument: two wrongs don't make a right.

And if in this case, there aren't enough wrongs to go around, well, I'll just abandon this point. I know neither you nor @McRat well enough to be planting a stake in the ground and moralizing. Moreover, I have found value in posts from both of you, so maybe I should just shut my mouth and call me quiet. :)

Alan

They are called Coordinate Measuring Machines, and we have 9 of them currently. They are used for measuring the dimensions of manufactured parts. These are the 4 of them:

View attachment 224565

I want these. They look cool.

I would put them in my basement. Assuming they are not destructive and no more than somewhat excruciatingly painful, I would use them to measure my kid's head from time to time, as I am convinced that as he hits his teenage years a significant amount of his cranial expansion is due to a rapidly-inflating ego and its companion id. Measurements from your machines, combined with observations from his mother and myself, would produce a simple but highly revealing graph.

Alan