Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My quick drive home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got to capture my ride home on the expressway tonight with my GoPro. It's only a 6 mile stretch, but it was just right so that I got to 45 mph but never had to go over. I had to take over to handle two lanes merging and for lane changes, but that's it. At the end it even follows the exit ramp.

Things feel way worse than they look in the video. For instance, I sure thought it was going to take off down a couple exit ramps, but it didn't! And when looking at the video, it never really looks close.

Anyways, with the speed limit, it seems like it's hard to get a good video so I thought I'd share.

Nice. Especially impressive since the right lane line is so atrocious. I don't think my AP1 car could have handled that. But then I forget that this is at 45 mph max, not highway speeds (and certainly not the 120 mph that the video feels like!)

Reactions: _jal_
I'd like to see special Chicago settings, so the AP would know to honk and cut off those worthless losers merging from the on ramps. Boston could also use some special tweaking. Traffic loops could be a problem if the AP doesn't know how to negotiate a Boston merge.