Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My recent Model 3 order experience from a very impatient guy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here's my story with my Model 3 order experience.

First off, I'm probably one of the most impatient people God ever created. I was born without patience and 51 years later I still have no patience. So, you can imagine how hyped up I was when I placed my oder on Tesla's website for my white on white, performance Model 3 with an estimated delivery date of two weeks. Two weeks to me is more like two years but I figured I'd live..... lol I ordered my car on July 25.

I then joined this forum to learn from more Tesla owners about the ins and outs with these cars. That's where my anxiety began.... I read a thread about how the white on white, performance edition models are taking much longer than normal. That made sense because I was constantly doing dealership research within the entire country in hopes to find the model I was looking for in stock. I was prepared to fly out and pick up my new car if needed. But that didn't happen. I searched all over and I could find pretty much any color combination in performance flavor EXCEPT white on white. I soon realized this particular color combination was the unicorn of the Model 3.

Nonetheless, it is what it was and I had to suck up and deal with it. I couldn't buy something that wasn't readily available and that was that. I then found the trick of finding your car's VIN through your Tesla account page using source code. Low and behold, there was a VIN in my account page and that gave me new hope. I ordered my car on July 25 and I found my VIN on August 7th. I got a text message from my local dealership in the Orlando FL area the next day telling me my car has arrived. I completely flipped out. They called me shortly after and told me I could come the next day which was Friday. I work Monday - Friday so picking up my new baby that Friday wasn't an option so I had to wait until Saturday.

I think I might have slept a total of three hours Friday night thinking about how my garage was about to have a new Tesla. We went to the dealership the following day and the rest is history. I'm still completely shocked at how fast Tesla was able to deliver my car to me considering I ordered the car on July 25 and sixteen days later it was in my possession. This is very impressive considering how the Tesla Factory is in California and I'm in Orlando, FL. The car was born in August so it was only ten days old and it made it's way across the country pretty damn quickly. Tesla has earned my respect for delivering my new car which has been named Casper. I love the car and the acceleration is like nothing I've ever experienced.

Here's a few pictures of me and my Casper.
IMG_0120.JPG
IMG_0119.jpg

So here's my story with my Model 3 order experience.

First off, I'm probably one of the most impatient people God ever created. I was born without patience and 51 years later I still have no patience. So, you can imagine how hyped up I was when I placed my oder on Tesla's website for my white on white, performance Model 3 with an estimated delivery date of two weeks. Two weeks to me is more like two years but I figured I'd live..... lol I ordered my car on July 25.

I then joined this forum to learn from more Tesla owners about the ins and outs with these cars. That's where my anxiety began.... I read a thread about how the white on white, performance edition models are taking much longer than normal. That made sense because I was constantly doing dealership research within the entire country in hopes to find the model I was looking for in stock. I was prepared to fly out and pick up my new car if needed. But that didn't happen. I searched all over and I could find pretty much any color combination in performance flavor EXCEPT white on white. I soon realized this particular color combination was the unicorn of the Model 3.

Nonetheless, it is what it was and I had to suck up and deal with it. I couldn't buy something that wasn't readily available and that was that. I then found the trick of finding your car's VIN through your Tesla account page using source code. Low and behold, there was a VIN in my account page and that gave me new hope. I ordered my car on July 25 and I found my VIN on August 7th. I got a text message from my local dealership in the Orlando FL area the next day telling me my car has arrived. I completely flipped out. They called me shortly after and told me I could come the next day which was Friday. I work Monday - Friday so picking up my new baby that Friday wasn't an option so I had to wait until Saturday.

I think I might have slept a total of three hours Friday night thinking about how my garage was about to have a new Tesla. We went to the dealership the following day and the rest is history. I'm still completely shocked at how fast Tesla was able to deliver my car to me considering I ordered the car on July 25 and sixteen days later it was in my possession. This is very impressive considering how the Tesla Factory is in California and I'm in Orlando, FL. The car was born in August so it was only ten days old and it made it's way across the country pretty damn quickly. Tesla has earned my respect for delivering my new car which has been named Casper. I love the car and the acceleration is like nothing I've ever experienced.

Here's a few pictures of me and my Casper.View attachment 440779View attachment 440780
Excellent color! You will love driving that thing. Enjoy!

Congrats - thats fast! Like you, I ordered a white/white on July 25 but didn't get lucky with a 16 day window. Since we're both in Florida maybe your order was placed before me and you took my car! :D

I am scheduled to take delivery this Wednesday and,I must say, I am very impatient and never have been so enthusiastic to get a new car - and I've owned a lot of vehicles!

Reactions: Big Earl
Congrats - thats fast! Like you, I ordered a white/white on July 25 but didn't get lucky with a 16 day window. Since we're both in Florida maybe your order was placed before me and you took my car! :D

I am scheduled to take delivery this Wednesday and,I must say, I am very impatient and never have been so enthusiastic to get a new car - and I've owned a lot of vehicles!

I'm simply amazed at how fast they can build and deliver such a nice car in such short timeframes. As I said earlier, my car has a manufacture date of 8/19. So I'm assuming the car is just barely two weeks old.