Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Rep said that Refferal codes dont work in MI, OH, VA - IS this true?

ChosenZero

Apr 20, 2021
Detroit
Hello, I am trying to add a referral code to my order but my rep said that these states don't allow referral codes, there is no way that's true is it? I looked but didn't see any of these issues.

Thank you.

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine

"
Eligibility

Must be at least 18 years old to be eligible for benefits and are non-transferable or redeemable for cash. The customer is responsible for all taxes and local requirements and fees. Program and awards are conditional on and subject to local laws and regulations. Unfortunately, Ohio and Virginia residents are not eligible for referral program awards.

The customer may not be an employee, legal representative or partner of Tesla or any Affiliate of Tesla. Nothing in the Referral Program shall be deemed to create any kind of relationship between the referrer and Tesla or any of Tesla’s Affiliates. The referrer has no authority to represent or bind Tesla. Terms and conditions are subject to change.
"

It doesn't mention Michigan.

jcanoe

Oct 2, 2020
Maryland
It is true in those states where expressly stated. Essentially, if you are not licensed to sell cars in the state, you cannot receive any compensation for the sale of a car.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC