Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My request that the Arizona Attorney General's office investigate Tesla's changes to Ludicrous Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
During Small Claims court on August 10th, Tesla said they were preparing to put out a firmware update to all cars that had been reduced in power. They thought they needed a week, then said maybe two weeks to finish the development. We agreed to continue the case to September 14th to allow Tesla time to send out the update, and for myself to be able to insure it is what they say. Tesla never told me anything about this, and when I asked why they couldn't share that, he said he was not allowed to disclose it until we went to court. Tesla asked that I not let this out until it was finished. I told them I would give them two weeks. They were going to try and push the first update to my car.
Today I updated from 17.26.17 to 2017.32.6 ca28227 (Yes, the whole thing). Unfortunately, I just left home today and won't be back to test it until Friday afternoon. Hopefully, this update is everything Tesla says it is and this issue will be fixed.
No clue when this will be sent to other cars.
When I get a chance to test it out, I will let you know.

Firmware 2017.32.6 ca28227, head buzz and 1600 amps have returned.:)

This is awesome news / conclusion to the whole ordeal Just a month and a few days shy of a full year after I first contacted Tesla about the loss of power right after applying the 8.0 2.36.108 update to my car on 9/25/16.

I'm very excited to get my performance back to how it was when I purchased it! It just so happens my car is at the Service Center now, so I've requested they push the latest firmware and I am hoping to get it back later today if my other issues are resolved.

Last edited:
This is awesome news / conclusion to the whole ordeal Just a month and a few days shy of a full year after I first contacted Tesla about the loss of power right after applying the 8.0 2.36.108 update to my car on 9/25/16.

I'm very excited to get my performance back to how it was when I purchased it! It just so happens my car is at the Service Center now, so I've requested they push the latest firmware and I am hoping to get it back later today if my other issues are resolved.
Still not sure it's as we purchased. I'm charging my car to 100%, now. I think the max power may still be limited to 500 kw instead of 512 kw. But I'm glad to have the 1600 ish amps back without launch mode.

Still not sure it's as we purchased. I'm charging my car to 100%, now. I think the max power may still be limited to 500 kw instead of 512 kw. But I'm glad to have the 1600 ish amps back without launch mode.
Great news! Thanks go out to @azdryheat !!!! Proof that Tesla does not control our cars post purchase in a way that will degrade their value.

It will be good to get all the testing done to compare what the new performance looks like. I wonder if MB ON will give you the instant 20 kw boost like it used to?

If you can't get to ~512 kw - you would still be short of 10.9 ...

• Helpful
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
Firmware 2017.32.6 ca28227, head buzz and 1600 amps have returned.:)

Hmmm. Great to hear. On behalf of many (or at least me), heartfelt thanks to @azdryheat for respectfully holding Tesla accountable. Special kudos for vicariously representing us all and rejecting any selfish answer papered over by an NDA. Good for him (her?), Tesla, and all of us! If your ever in Tampa, I would be pleased to buy you a beer.

Now I guess I may have to consider moving on from v7.1 (an old version before all the well reported nonsense).