Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My roadster arrives in less than an hour!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pics are up on my blog ... there are more to come as they're not on my camera and they're off eating dinner at a fancy restaurant somewhere (the nerve!) ... I'll post those on the blog as I ge tthem. Videos coming, too.

No street party today -- no one's home! :) The sad thing is, I can't really drive it until Tuesday as the registration isn't done and they're closed for the holiday tomorrow. Hey, at least that'll give me 48 hours to charge it, right? :wink:

I was going to ask you and others that have already received their Roadsters...were they shipped directly from Cali to you, or were they shipped to the local TM store for detailing / installation of the license plates /etc. before being sent on to you?...wouldn't it make more sense for the car to be ready for the road when it's delivered to your door?

Pics are up on my blog ... there are more to come as they're not on my camera and they're off eating dinner at a fancy restaurant somewhere (the nerve!) ... I'll post those on the blog as I ge tthem. Videos coming, too.

No street party today -- no one's home! :) The sad thing is, I can't really drive it until Tuesday as the registration isn't done and they're closed for the holiday tomorrow. Hey, at least that'll give me 48 hours to charge it, right? :wink:

I was going to ask you and others that have already received their Roadsters...were they shipped directly from Cali to you, or were they shipped to the local TM store for detailing / installation of the license plates /etc. before being sent on to you?...wouldn't it make more sense for the car to be ready for the road when it's delivered to your door?

Cali to me direct. I hear sometimes they hit a local store first. I could have been ready ahead of time, but it showed up earlier than I tohught, and didn't realize Monday was a holiday. I had all the paperwork I needed to get it registered, just hadn't gotten it off to my sales rep in time for him to run around with it (including getting an insurance stamp on it). Oh well. I've waited this long, I guess I can wait a bit more. I did drive it around the local quiet streets a bit, and I get a chance to really learn all the ins and outs of the interior (including the radio) ... and I have to work tomorrow (I don't have the local holiday off) so I'm hoping that'll help me manage :)

sorry abou tthe lack of link -- it's in my profile and I'd figured I'd posted it enough over the past couple weeks that I didn't want to keep spamming it to everyone :)

Looks great! I feel your excitement. Mine is due to arrive this Saturday.

Did the truck need a lot of room to maneuver? I live on a narrowish street (and on a hill). Maybe it will be a party on someone else's street!

Congrats, I hope you love it.

cingeri, congrats! By the way, in the truck, in front of your vehicle, I saw another Tesla. I know you were focused on your car (#1077) but by the pictures, the other Tesla looked dark. Did you notice if it was a Jet Black Tesla Roadster Sport with silver forged wheels? (#1078) I still have not heard anything from anybody. My car is still "in the body assembly factory"... I assumed mine was taking so much longer than yours because I opted for executive leather, but this is ridiculous!!!!

<---- Did it look like that?
Please let me know!!!

cingeri, congrats! By the way, in the truck, in front of your vehicle, I saw another Tesla. I know you were focused on your car (#1077) but by the pictures, the other Tesla looked dark. Did you notice if it was a Jet Black Tesla Roadster Sport with silver forged wheels? (#1078) I still have not heard anything from anybody. My car is still "in the body assembly factory"... I assumed mine was taking so much longer than yours because I opted for executive leather, but this is ridiculous!!!!

<---- Did it look like that?
Please let me know!!!

Unfortunately, nope. The car I think you're seeing in the video isn't actually even a Tesla (I don't remember what it was .. Mercedes?)

Looks great! I feel your excitement. Mine is due to arrive this Saturday.

Did the truck need a lot of room to maneuver? I live on a narrowish street (and on a hill). Maybe it will be a party on someone else's street!

Congrats, I hope you love it.

It did, yes -- in fact he'd just come from another place that didn't have enough room and he banged up his truck pretty good. I had him stay on the connecting street and I walked down there to meet him.

Big Congrats, cinergi. And on such a special day: the 10th day of the 10th month of the 10th year, or as engineers who like binary-looking numbers would say: 101010.

I'm sorry you can't drive it for another day or two but at least you get to be with it. All this news is taking a toll on kgb so I hope they get him his car soon before he explodes!