TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

My roadtrip setup

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Seth, May 8, 2014.

1. Seth

Seth Member

At the Savannah SC a fellow MSer asked about my setup so I thought I'd share. I'm on a trip from Miami to Wolcott, CO.

The dash camera is a Garmin Virb set on a 20 minute loop. The arm is from RAM Mounts and the vent mount is from ProClip.

The mounted phone is a Galaxy Note 3 and the mount is from ProClip.

The computer is an HP Chromebook with a 4g modem to keep me busy during charges.

The phone in the center console area is a Galaxy S4, my work phone. Headphones because only one phone can be on Bluetooth at a time and the Note has all my audiobooks.

DuMEECU.jpg

2. Snarky Marky

Snarky Marky Member

Why do you have a dashcam?

3. Seth

Seth Member

In case of an incident. It records speed, location, and other data just in case it's needed. Also in case I get harassed by the police, I've been pulled over twice because the officer didn't think someone who looks like me could have a nice car...

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Okay Seth, now I want to know what you look like. ;-)

Of course an officer should not pull anyone over simply based on their appearance, unless they look to young to drive!

5. Seth

Seth Member

GRkcQLb.jpg

I drive cross country a lot and apparently look like a potential drug mule or something. The last time they took the seats of my car out and left me on the side of I80 for over 3 hours because my car was too clean and I was driving a little under the limit in the right lane.

6. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Darth Vader? Dark sith?

I don't know Star Wars lol

nice set up, looks like you've got the essentials for a road trip. music/web access