Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My "Round the West side trip" - Extended

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok all planed and leaving one week from today:

Highlights :

Toronto to Denver
Denver to Las Vegas
Las Vegas to San Diego
San Diego to LA
LA to San Francisco
San Francisco to Vancouver
Vancouver to Calgary
Calgary to Toronto

Distance not including side trips: 11,600 KM

Days: 30 or more

Bucket list stuff: Long road trip in Tesla, Helicopter ride into Grand Canyon, California, Yosemite, Tesla factory, Redwood forest, earthquake maybe?, Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore.

Results: Anticipated sore Ass, new tires at end, ..............

Drive south into the USA and pick up the charger network.
What!!!!!!! You don't want to drive in the morning for 3+ hours, have a nice loooooooooong relaxing lunch for 4-5 hours on a 100A Sun Country L2, and finish your day with a 3+ hour drive???? Where's the challenge in not doing that? :)

(But I have to say, thank you thank you to Sun Country for at least making a cross Canada trip *possible*.)

Reactions: MarcoRP and Imafrog
Trip over. Will post pictures later. 30 Days and 15,500.00 KM later.

Car ran great. Tires...not to much. Blew two coming out of Revelstoke. Guess the heat and ware and tear were to much for the 21" tires.

Yes sore ass too.

Sorry to hear you blew two tires. Exactly what blew on the tires? Sidewall? Puncture? Pothole or bump? Did you repair it yourself with a plug kit or had to get a tow/roadside assistance?

I swapped out the 22" Turbines down to 20" wheels on my 7500KM down to Palm Springs and back recently. I had to constantly adust tire pressures and saw my cold pressures go from 42PSI one morning to 49PSI in the afternoon after driving...good for range but I let out a few PSI to 46 at the next Supercharger. It was 63 degrees C on the temp gauge while I was charging in Indio CA at one point. Only took a pic at 59 degrees C one afternoon.

Attachments

• IMG_5623.JPG
    IMG_5623.JPG
    331.8 KB · Views: 65
Sorry to hear you blew two tires. Exactly what blew on the tires? Sidewall? Puncture? Pothole or bump? Did you repair it yourself with a plug kit or had to get a tow/roadside assistance?

basically through ware and tear and heat the steel bans started to ware through and the heat popped them both. Did not notice as I looked at them 1000 Miles earlier in LA. Towed back to Revlestoke and waited overnight to get a set of 4 from Vancouver.

Redwood forest
Anyone considering this may want to look at Muir Woods National Monument just north of San Francisco for this (about a 30 minute drive). Redwood National Park is quite a ways off the beaten track whereas Muir Woods is 15 minutes off PCH. Muir , the park's namesake, was a Scottish naturalist who founded the National Parks system in America.

hippie-tour-of-muir-woods-golden-gate-bridge-and-sausalito-in-san-francisco-184221.jpg

yfpf0q6wd9l4xznshjb0.jpg

Reactions: arcus and SMSMD