Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although when you get a $1,300 premium increase in a year you tend to look around. Would prefer to stay with the current insurer as they have been good.
You really find out about your insurers once you make a claim.
100%.
Nasty as in they don't pay at all? What clauses would they typically use to get out of paying?

Or nasty as you get a bit of a run-around?

I could see brokers using some weird off-the-shelf non-retail facing companies that we haven't heard of in the mainstream.

I could handle $800 difference in premium for a bit of work in a claim if it's paid anyway. My last claim was 10+ years ago.
Nasty as in the policy wording reads as cheaper and verse of why they don’t insure you as opposed to why they do.

There is one policy, which, used to be famously bad for it.

Another one is if you’ve tripped up in your disclosure questions. Remember when you told us you didn’t have bad credit, we’ve run a credit check, your claim is denied. or the traffic tickets you forgot you had. These are some of the reasons for claim denials.

I haven’t seen the wording in a number of years, so I don‘t know if it still exists.

Cheap may also mean you don’t have choice of repairer, which, for a ’prestige’ car is something you may want to ensure is top of the list, considering the approved repairer list for Tesla is small.

Then comes the argument about who is right about Market Value and when to write off a vehicle. The list goes on.

Bottom line, direct insurers are there to make a profit and keep claims cost low, returning on the investment for shareholders.

The broker space has a number of mainstrean insurers(on different wordings) however the insurer ethos is different and the claim process is different.

Reactions: Elite Display