Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My S60 was stolen last night. I recovered it this morning thanks to the app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I accidentally left my keys in my car at Starbucks once and didn't even realize it until I got back to the car.

I'm surprised that the car doesn't honk or sound a warning when it detects the key the car after exiting.

With the auto lock feature, I tend to forget to lock the car assuming it will lock itself.

Just curious... since it wasn't mentioned.. how did the thief steal the car? You said they still have one of the keys.. did you leave it somewhere, or did they steal it out of the house? Or was the key inside the car?

Being able to cut off power from your phone could be quite dangerous
I realize that. But I'm referring to a gradual slowdown like they do in those Bait Car shows. You already know the Tesla can cut power to the point of it completely stopping by not paying attention to AutoPilot. The driver still has full ability to steer and I assume brake but most likely those drivers caught in the car are pressing the accelerator even more.

Two things:
1) Blackvue's cameras allow auto-upload of video to the cloud when they detect an event. I have mine setup that way, and usually flooring the car is recognized as an "event". It's likely that even if the car thief stole the dashcam, you would still have footage of them!
2) Apps that provide driving history require that you're signed up before the drive takes place. Tesla doesn't give us a way to grab historical driving data.

I had a similar situation where EVmote alerted me that my car was travelling 71 in a 35 at 100% throttle...just after I dropped it off at the valet! I was at my gate at the airport, so I pulled the dashcam footage, pulled the GPS tracks from EVmote, and emailed them to the valet ownership.

It's a rare situation, but it's nice to be prepared!
Ryan

Two things:
1) Blackvue's cameras allow auto-upload of video to the cloud when they detect an event. I have mine setup that way, and usually flooring the car is recognized as an "event". It's likely that even if the car thief stole the dashcam, you would still have footage of them!
2) Apps that provide driving history require that you're signed up before the drive takes place. Tesla doesn't give us a way to grab historical driving data.

I had a similar situation where EVmote alerted me that my car was travelling 71 in a 35 at 100% throttle...just after I dropped it off at the valet! I was at my gate at the airport, so I pulled the dashcam footage, pulled the GPS tracks from EVmote, and emailed them to the valet ownership.

It's a rare situation, but it's nice to be prepared!
Ryan
What was the Valet's response?