Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My safety score went away, still no Beta.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DelPhonic1

Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Burbank
My new Plaid, I've wanted to get back into Beta. I was at 99-- my wife drove it and dropped it from 100, but all good. On the 14th, I got a download of 16.1.1. Thinking it was beta I was all excited, and went to install. It never finished installing, and just started acting like there never was a download. And my safety score went away at the same time. Very strange. The SC pushed another update to my Plaid yesterday. 16.1.2. But no Beta, and no safety score. It doesn't make any sense!

That is not FSD beta firmware. It's a regular, public FSD (non-beta) firmware.

The following are FSD beta firmware:

10.12.2--2022.12.3.20
10.12.1--2022.12.3.15
10.12--2022.12.3.10
10.11.2--2022.4.5.21

and so on
exactly. so why would my safety score go away and I get the regular plebeian public non-beta firmware?

Perhaps the software is in an odd "holdover" state. The only advice I can give you is to go into Autopilot settings and disable your FSD Beta request. Then wait a day or two (for Tesla's backend server to process), then re-enable that request for FSD Beta. See if your safety score shows back up in your app.

I know what you're hoping for is that you were admitted to the Beta, because the safety score disappeared, but I don't think that's going to happen. :-(

Reactions: DelPhonic1
You are waiting on 10.13 like all of us with new vehicles. If you came from a factory build 2022.11.101.x you will not be receiving 10.12.2. Sucks, but you'll probably get 10.13 as soon as it drops.
Is that confirmed, or just speculation? Same story here: car delivered 05.19 with .101.1, got .16.1 Tuesday, got .16.2 yesterday. Safety score is 100 with over 2,000miles.

My new Plaid, I've wanted to get back into Beta. I was at 99-- my wife drove it and dropped it from 100, but all good. On the 14th, I got a download of 16.1.1. Thinking it was beta I was all excited, and went to install. It never finished installing, and just started acting like there never was a download. And my safety score went away at the same time. Very strange. The SC pushed another update to my Plaid yesterday. 16.1.2. But no Beta, and no safety score. It doesn't make any sense!
I think we all paid for a farce. The owners should file for a refund under the lemon law. That OSS Evette I am going to start today. Teams can readings the $10,,00 or take their Lennon back.

I think we all paid for a farce. The owners should file for a refund under the lemon law. That OSS Evette I am going to start today. Teams can readings the $10,,00 or take their Lennon back.
This, or how about some communication from Tesla? (I know, that’s not how they operate, kind of a sorry excuse). People are eligible to get the beta, didn’t get it. Why? Or when? Just say: “if you are eligible, and did not receive it when we rolled out 10.12.2, you will receive it once 10.13.X rolls out”. Stuff like that goes along way with paying customers…

As has been said in several other posts, no one paid for FSD Beta. You paid for a list of features, including:

Navigate on Autopilot (Beta): Actively guides your car from a highway’s on-ramp to off-ramp, including suggesting lane changes, navigating interchanges, automatically engaging the turn signal and taking the correct exit
Auto Lane Change: Assists in moving to an adjacent lane on the highway when Autosteer is engaged
Autopark: Helps automatically parallel or perpendicular park your car, with a single touch
Summon: Moves your car in and out of a tight space using the mobile app or key
Smart Summon: Your car will navigate more complex environments and parking spaces, maneuvering around objects as necessary to come find you in a parking lot.
Traffic and Stop Sign Control (Beta): Identifies stop signs and traffic lights and automatically slows your car to a stop on approach, with your active supervision

You also paid for a feature that is not yet released, Autosteer on City Streets. Once that feature is ready to be released, your car will automatically receive it. There is no released date for that feature at this time.

In order to work on that feature, and test various facets of it, Tesla has created the FSD Beta program. This is an invitation-only beta test of Autosteer on City Streets. In order to be eligible for FSD Beta, the following conditions must be met:

1) You must request access to the FSD Beta - there is a switch in settings to request access. I highly suggest you research what you're getting yourself into by requesting access - it's not all fun and games.
2) You must maintain a high driving safety score, which is based on several metrics. This requirement serves two purposes: helps shield Tesla from regulators by saying that testers are eligible and safe drivers - and shows Tesla that you are committed and familiar with autonomous features of the car.

The word "eligible" is important, as you are not guaranteed access. Tesla will send invites for the Beta to those drivers that satisfy the above 2 points and are in areas/models where they need additional data points.

It's important to know that not everyone will be invited into the FSD Beta. This is despite what Elon has said on Twitter. There are thousands upon thousands that have requested access, and only 100,000 have been invited. As the beta test progresses, Tesla may need additional data points, and at that time they may extend additional invitations.

I know many of you are frustrated you have not been invited into the FSD Beta program, and feel you can make valuable and substantive contribution to the program. Others just want the cool new "toy" in the upgraded visualizations. Some feel they are "owed" because they paid thousands of dollars, and some have a fear of missing out while others "have all the fun".

Because you are not in the beta program right now doesn't mean you won't be invited in the future, but for now just drive your car and enjoy it. You still have one of the best EVs on the market today.

Is that confirmed, or just speculation? Same story here: car delivered 05.19 with .101.1, got .16.1 Tuesday, got .16.2 yesterday. Safety score is 100 with over 2,000miles.
It is confirmed, also they don't downgrade FW unless it's a tech troubleshooting an issue. If you look on Teslafi FW tracker, and look at the 2022.12.3.20 previous versions installed, you will see zero cars on either one of those FW got this beta. There's many of us waiting.

Reactions: LowlyOilBurner
Hi,

After reading all the posts I wanted to get your best guess when the next Beta might be rolled out to new users like me?

I enrolled at the beginning of the month and am keeping a 98 score with over 100 AP miles and I got 3 FW pushes since enrolling.
I have a 2020 MYP and I’m not up to speed on when I should expect the invite or if there is any work around/tricks or just your best guess please?

Being a spirited driver I want to know how much longer I have to walk on egg shells and what is the confirmed lowest score I could have to get the invite to Beta please?

Reactions: KirillK