Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My secret master plan of investing on TSLA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Secret Master Plan of Investing on TSLA - Stock of the Decade

Inspired by Elon's secret master plan, I also have 3-steps master plan to share:

1. Invest in TSLA before getting the car, if you are cash strapped. Ideally you should invest before the epic and magnificent May 2013.

2. Shelve some gain from the investment and buy the car, to get first hand experience as an owner; tour the factory, find out what fault with the car and services in the coming years. Stay close to the company's executions in every detail.

3. Recognize TSLA is the stock of the decade, and accumulate as many as shares (delta) as you could, with the target price of $1000 by the end of the decade 2020.

My report card:

1. Fortunately I started at @35 in Feb, 2013, when Tesla took a dive after the Q4 earning. Since then I held fast and enjoy the historical run till now.

2. Fortunately my investment gain accelerates my purchase of Tesla. Originally I was going for the X, but now I can't wait so I just get a S. Will tour the factory and pick faults at the car and service later.

3. After I wrote this article:

Truth Or Myth: Most People Still Don't Get Tesla

I realized TSLA is indeed the stock of the decade. I also get the validation when I was editing email notification on SeekingAlpha:

SAalertslist.png

TSLA has 10 Market currents and 16 articles weekly, more than AAPL(5,11), GOOG(9,5), AMZN(7,4), NFLX(7,5) and LNKD(1,1), arguably the most admired tech stocks on Wall Street! TSLA is the undisputed darling of Wall Street at the moment.

Meanwhile, I am accumulating as many delta as I could. I increased my stack significantly at each major drop @55, @80, $90, $95. I will be writing more articles on short term trading to catch significant market swing, while keep a core position.

I hope you also enjoy the ride and share your secret plan!

My friends can only call me the lucky son of the gun... None of them were convinced enough to jump in
icon9.gif
icon5.gif
:cool:

Last edited:
Inspired by Elon's secret master plan, I also have 3-steps master plan to share:

1. Invest in TSLA before getting the car, if you are cash strapped. Ideally you should invest before the epic and magnificent May 2013.

Great advice, especially for those with access to a time machine.

2. Shelf some gain from the investment and buy the car, to get first hand experience as an owner, and tour the factory, find out what fault with the car and services in the coming years. Stay close to the company's executions in every detail.

With your bullish outlook I think it would be better to keep all the money in TSLA and buy the car with borrowed money instead. What's 5% interest on 100k against the future growth of keeping the money in TSLA? I agree though one should get the car.

3. Recognize TSLA is the stock of the decade, and accumulate as many as shares (delta) as you could, with the target price of $1000 in by the end of the decade 2020.

Agreed.

With your bullish outlook I think it would be better to keep all the money in TSLA and buy the car with borrowed money instead. What's 5% interest on 100k against the future growth of keeping the money in TSLA? I agree though one should get the car.

Yes that is what I did. I wouldn't want to take out $100k at this point. But need to make sure I can pay the $1000+ monthly due.

Awesome write up. I also read your "truth or myth" thread and saw a lot of my own circumstances reiterated there. I was right there with you, I read a case study on Tesla last year and business school and realized it was indeed "the stock of the decade". Although I have an accounting degree, it was really my long time love of exotic cars and technology and my understanding both industries that led me to buy into TSLA. The financial fundamentals of the company are so far overshadowed by the future earnings potential as well as ground shattering innovation the world will receive from Tesla. I am set to make more money this year on TSLA then my first years salary as a CPA! Can't wait for end of July and the Q2 results to shatter the 21k delivery guidance.

Congrats on drawing out a forum lurker, I hope I can contribute some meaningful content myself on TMC in the near future.

And yes, I expect to own a Model X in the next 5 years. The only condition hanging in the balance is moving out of my 1 bedroom apartment and renting/buying a house (gotta have somewhere to charge obviously haha). I already have the wife used to the idea and she loves the car. Oh and finally, I possibly will be effectively making a sale of the car this August to a friend of a friend :) wish me luck.

Awesome write up. I also read your "truth or myth" thread and saw a lot of my own circumstances reiterated there. I was right there with you, I read a case study on Tesla last year and business school and realized it was indeed "the stock of the decade". Although I have an accounting degree, it was really my long time love of exotic cars and technology and my understanding both industries that led me to buy into TSLA. The financial fundamentals of the company are so far overshadowed by the future earnings potential as well as ground shattering innovation the world will receive from Tesla. I am set to make more money this year on TSLA then my first years salary as a CPA! Can't wait for end of July and the Q2 results to shatter the 21k delivery guidance.

Congrats on drawing out a forum lurker, I hope I can contribute some meaningful content myself on TMC in the near future.

And yes, I expect to own a Model X in the next 5 years. The only condition hanging in the balance is moving out of my 1 bedroom apartment and renting/buying a house (gotta have somewhere to charge obviously haha). I already have the wife used to the idea and she loves the car. Oh and finally, I possibly will be effectively making a sale of the car this August to a friend of a friend :) wish me luck.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Just because SeekingAlpha runs a lot of TSLA articles doesn't make Tesla a Wall Street darling. Occam's Razor suggests a more likely explanation is that SeekingAlpha realized early on that Tesla articles generats pageviews, and more articles mean ever more pageviews.

I view SeekingAlpha and MotleyFool as content mills out to create as many monetized pageviews as possible. They're very good at luring people in (who can resist the old trick of making the article's title a question, like "Is Tesla Going Out of Business?" or "Has Tesla's Stock Peaked?"). But in the long run the value of Tesla has nothing to do with and is not tied to the attention paid by these sites. Consistently better info can be had right here in TMC, although long-term I suspect that may change. Already seeing a change underway.

Just because SeekingAlpha runs a lot of TSLA articles doesn't make Tesla a Wall Street darling. Occam's Razor suggests a more likely explanation is that SeekingAlpha realized early on that Tesla articles generats pageviews, and more articles mean ever more pageviews.

I view SeekingAlpha and MotleyFool as content mills out to create as many monetized pageviews as possible. They're very good at luring people in (who can resist the old trick of making the article's title a question, like "Is Tesla Going Out of Business?" or "Has Tesla's Stock Peaked?"). But in the long run the value of Tesla has nothing to do with and is not tied to the attention paid by these sites. Consistently better info can be had right here in TMC, although long-term I suspect that may change. Already seeing a change underway.

MotleyFool is obviously pumping out duplicate articles from their editors to sell their premium report on TSLA.

However all of SeekingAlpha's articles are from independent investors/writers. I use the numbers there for a horizontal comparison to other stocks, stock to stock within the same site, not site to site comparison, thus making it a reliable comparison in term of market's attention and and readers' interest.

And certainly TMC's readers have more intimate knowledge of Tesla than any other readers.

the hardest part of any investment is not to develop your own opinion and analysis of the company - but to ascertain the opinion of the many others (market). That opinion is what makes your investment return value (a good reason why timing is nearly impossible to predict)

the hardest part of any investment is not to develop your own opinion and analysis of the company - but to ascertain the opinion of the many others (market). That opinion is what makes your investment return value (a good reason why timing is nearly impossible to predict)

Exactly right. It is ok to be a little of being an Oracle, as long as others follow. In that sense I see plenty of validation. As you might be coming from the recent SA article from Sal, though we are apart by west and east coast, we share similar opinion. I won't be scared as long as I am not alone.