Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Sequence number disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup. Happened a couple weeks ago actually.

Reservation number changed overnight.
Great. Thanks. I saw that thread but hadn't actually read it. And yes, I also confirmed that if I view the source of the page, the reservation number is still there, just commented out so it's not displayed:

<p class="vin_sn">#4787
ThreadAbort - view the HTML source of the My Tesla page and you should still see your sequence number on or around line 255.

-CB

Quick summary of everything we know:

1. Your RN number is random and not related to your sequence number in any shape or form.
2. You should not post your RN number publicly as it is effectively the account number for your reservation.
3. The sequence number has disappeared for everyone and only the RN number (or VIN) appears now. For some, it is still visible in the source code of the page as a comment.
4. Tesla still knows your sequence number and you will be called in order of reservation even though it is not displayed on the webpage anymore.

Production Reservation Numbers have been replaced by the Reservation Date

My P83 first disappeared like this:

Reserved
You will be contacted in order of your reservation to design your Model X.

and now has been replaced by this: (in white)

Reserved
Your Model X was reserved on 2/10/2012. You'll be invited to configure based on the date of your reservation.

2/10/2012 was day 2 of reservations, since people that went to the X Prototype Reveal in Hawthorne could reserve a Sig or Prod on 2/09/2012 if they brought their checkbook with them.

I guess this just means they will invite 2/09/2012 + X days to configure, first, then D days later invite 2/09/2012 + (X+1) + Y days to configure, etc. I don't think they want tens of thousands of us swamping not only their servers but the inside and outside sales staff with our configuration questions all at once. Finally, they will choose "D" and the number of additional reservation dates per group in such a way that all production reservation holders have been invited by 12/31/2015.

Last edited:
I don't see it at all in the source code...I don't see anything on the page that would indicate I have a reservation at all. What does your My Tesla page look like?
I figured it out. We called and apparently when my wife registered she made a typo in her email address (yahoo.con vs .com) so that's why we haven't been getting any emails. Also, she was doing it while mobile and was having connectivity issues so apparently she registered twice, once with the bad email and once with the good so we have been logging in using the good email but the reservation got done on the bad. Got all that? :eek: Weird situation but we have it sorted now.