Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My SF Bay Area Mobile Glass Replacement Experience After A Break-in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sadly I was a victim of the rear quarter panel break-in. I was in the Rockridge section of Oakland, which is a nice neighborhood, and got my window smashed with the rear seat released while parked on a major street while having dinner. And it was in front of another restaurant if you can believe it! Fortunately, nothing was taken, but just a pain to deal with as well as being out $500+.

My insurance company (Liberty Mutual) recommended their glass people, Safelite, who expected me to wait 10 days to get my glass replaced! BS on that!

I went with a popular recommendation on here - Primer Auto Glass and at a cheaper cost too! I spoke with the owner, Frank, and he was beyond awesome. I called him the next morning after my car was broken into and he had the glass cleaned up, vacuumed, and fixed by midday. They also use genuine Tesla glass which they pick up from Fremont. Frank was knowledgeable, fast, and he arrived in a very nice clean van which showed me they have invested in their company and service quality.

I highly recommend these guys if you fall victim to this awful M3 flaw.

Attachments

• IMG_4870.JPG
    IMG_4870.JPG
    286.8 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_4872.JPG
    IMG_4872.JPG
    276.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Informative
Reactions: KenC
Sadly I was a victim of the rear quarter panel break-in. I was in the Rockridge section of Oakland, which is a nice neighborhood, and got my window smashed with the rear seat released while parked on a major street while having dinner.

Sorry to hear this happened to you... Your rear seats were folded down and they still smashed your window ? Thanks for the Primer Auto Glass recommendation....

Sorry to hear this happened to you... Your rear seats were folded down and they still smashed your window ? Thanks for the Primer Auto Glass recommendation....
No, my seats were not folded. The window was broken and then the thief opened the rear seat, but I had nothing in the trunk. Some of my friends suggest this device - getdroplock.com. I have since just kept the trunk empty, folded the rear passenger car seat, and instead put my things into the front trunk when I am unable to park in a garage.