Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Slacker radio is messed up. only gives limited choices.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

timk225

Mar 24, 2016
Pittsburgh
My early '18 3 RWD LR has the lifetime Slacker radio included with it. I think.

I was trying to listen to the ABC news option when going to work yesterday, and it never comes up with the NEW news, it only gives limited options of stories from weeks or even months ago. I did a lot of advancing from story to story, and it seems to just be repeating the same ones over and over from a group of 20 or 30.

Is something wrong on Slacker or Tesla or my end, and how to fix it?

And aside from that, is there a way to clear my radio preferences, remove all thumbs up and favorites and start fresh?

Reactions: pilotSteve
Just an update, still have this annoying problem. What's the base radio system that came with my '18 3 LR RWD? Slacker? TuneIn? I don't even know. I never paid for any extra radio programs and I never will.

I've called Tesla Support about 4 times, and they've had me do several resets. 2 button reset, 2 button and NOT holding down the brake pedal reset, Power Off the car and wait a few minutes, Powr Off THEN 2 button reset after it boots up again, etc. Nothing helps.

And just yesterday, it was doing another annoying thing. The search function was failing. I was on the '10 and up comedy channel, and I'd type in a specific person and title. And it'd show that title, but then when I touch that icon, it plays SOMETHING ELSE!!!! Maybe this is Tesla intentionally screwing up the search to get me to pay money for a better radio program with a search function that works. Well I'll show them! I WON'T DO IT!!! I'll come here and complain and make videos of the problem!

I just chatted with livexlive (formerly Slacker) and they said it's a known issue and the hope to have more information soon...
Capture.JPG

What's the normal radio program that came with my Model 3? TuneIn? I don't think I have a Slacker account, I never paid for anything fancy with the radio or any extra channel packages. My 3 LR RWD is from April '18, I believe I'm supposed to have lifetime free radio.

Glad to hear it's not just me! Tesla Service is supposed to come see the car tomorrow.

What's the normal radio program that came with my Model 3? TuneIn? I don't think I have a Slacker account, I never paid for anything fancy with the radio or any extra channel packages. My 3 LR RWD is from April '18, I believe I'm supposed to have lifetime free radio.

Glad to hear it's not just me! Tesla Service is supposed to come see the car tomorrow.

Both tunein and slacker (now livexlive) came with the car in 2018 in the US

Spotify was added later but requires your own paid account to use

It's not a slacker problem, it's not a Tesla problem. It is ABC News programming issues with slacker. Try another news station and they are all up-to-date. I have had the same problem since about April of this year. If you have Spotify, the workaround is to use the ABC news station in Spotify, at least it gives the daily news briefing.

I've been checking and ABC News still doesn't work for me. In the other news casts available, most of them only play for 30 seconds to 1 minute, then repeat over and over. I can listen to the comedy stations and use the search function with no problem. Whoever's system is screwing up, they should fix it.

I sent a support request to LiveXLive yesterday and it sounds like ABC News will not be returning. :mad::confused::(
Unfortunately, ABC News is no longer available on LiveXLive. We are actively working on implementing a replacement news partner as quickly as possible. Thank you.
Best regards,
Frank
LiveXLive Support