Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My solution for busy superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the SCs are getting overcrowded nowadays, I find myself driving in only to turn around and leave because of the long lines. This is something that Tesla needs to address. I've had some close calls with having enough range to get home, so having to reroute wastes quite a bit of energy had I known the line up at Tesla

I think that's a much bigger problem in California that here in the east. I've never had a problem at the SC's I've visited.

I don't know how Tesla can come up with a sensible approach to inform us of instant Supercharger usage and availability. There are way too many variables that can occur: Delayed/canceled transit; overstaying your needed charge because your meal came late; ICEing; change in route; emergency; spontaneity; I am sure there are others.

Having "Tesdar" available on the touchscreen (a la Wazers seeing each other on Waze) is useless in metropolitan areas because many drivers are just driving to/from work or just out and about and have no intentions of stopping to charge.

Perhaps we will have to start filing Supercharger "flight plans" before all our charging! :redface:

What I like about Chargepoint is that I can see if the ports are occupied. It would be a great idea if Tesla can incorporate this into our Nav system so that it shows if there are open stalls.

With tesla it is extremely dynamic though. By the time you reach the supercharger, 10/12 cars may have left. Or not.

I think the light idea is great, to judge which supercharger is providing more current, but I think it's still fairly useless.