Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My SR Model X has been built but stuck at Fremont for over 2 weeks!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SR Model X has been built but stuck at Fremont for over 2 weeks apparently due to "homologation" procedures, where CA has to provide its regulatory approval for the new "standard range" Model X. I was initially told that my ETA was 5/25/19, and they told me I could not take delivery of the car until they received a copy of the check and tracking number from my credit union. Tesla received the check on 5/24/19 and immediately cashed it. After cashing the check, Tesla told me on 5/25/19 that the car could not be released until CA regulatory approvals had been obtained. Now I am incurring interest on my loan without a car, have paid Tesla a 20% down payment, am incurring unnecessary rental car expenses, and running the risk that the car now will not be delivered until after July 1, 2019 (at which point the federal tax credit gets even further reduced).

Is anyone else in the same boat?

Any suggestions on what I can/should do?

Thanks much!

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
In same situation delivery date rescheduled 3 times. The latest update i got from my advisor today is that as of right now they are anticipating delivery to start the week of the 17th.

I talked to my lender regarding this, since i have not given their cashiers check to Tesla i can bring to them to have it voided and pay interest for the days i held the check for. But once i get the car it would have to be a new loan application for the same VIN (with credit check) and based on current interest rate. I do not want to get into this complication, i will just hold the check and wait for delivery i guess.

Last edited:
  • Informative
In same situation delivery date rescheduled 3 times. The latest update i got from my advisor today is that as of right now they are anticipating delivery to start the week of the 17th.

I talked to my lender regarding this, since i have not given their cashiers check to Tesla i can bring to them to have it voided and pay interest for the days i held the check for. But once i get the car it would have to be a new loan application for the same VIN (with credit check) and based on current interest rate. I do not want to get into this complication, i will just hold the check and wait for delivery i guess.
Thanks @ev1982. Tesla should have told us about these delays with the SR before we got our financing in place. Tesla has received 100% payment for the car for a few weeks now and we have nothing to show for it.

• Informative
my LR MX has been at Fremont for over 1 month. delivery rescheduled atleast 5 times. it's bs because other ravens have been delivered to different SC in California. home delivery driver called me last Wednesday night but i was out of town. surprised me because i live so close to the Fremont factory. last time I called they still say my MX is waiting for the sticker and have no record of a home delivery attempt. whole experience is sad

my LR MX has been at Fremont for over 1 month. delivery rescheduled atleast 5 times. it's bs because other ravens have been delivered to different SC in California. home delivery driver called me last Wednesday night but i was out of town. surprised me because i live so close to the Fremont factory. last time I called they still say my MX is waiting for the sticker and have no record of a home delivery attempt. whole experience is sad

Apparently this hold is only for Standard Range MX. All others have been released.

• Informative
I ordered my SR Model X on April 26th and I got my vin on May 5th and got initial notification for pickup on May 12th and i went to pick up at Fremont Delivery center they told it is on service hold, n then after few days was told it is on regulatory approval and has since been rescheduled 4 times very frustrating customer experience. Hope the Raven refresh is worth the wait otherwise would have gone with inventory models 100D with free supercharging.

IMG-20190615-WA0001.jpg

Just got VIN and 6/24 delivery date today for Model X SR black cream FSD. Thank goodness given headed out of town 6/26. Will take directly for Xpel Ultimate wrap (Full front, rockers, rear bumper) + Xpel FusionPro ceramic coating. Plan on keeping this car for 6-10 years and with 100 mile highway commute, New England weather, etc the added protection makes sense.

Excited...!!