Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY SR orders - any notice/call from Tesla that it will not be fulfilled?

asaulo1

Mar 2, 2021
California
Okay. There seems to be a lot of talk going around that since the MY SR is no longer on the online configurator and that this particular configuration is no longer offered, that the current SR inventory is just being used to fulfill existing orders. Question is - has anyone received a call from Tesla confirming that their MY SR order will not be fulfilled? Call/email or text, anyone? I can understand that they are no longer taking any new orders but surely they will start letting existing order holders know that their particular vehicle is not coming. Or is this just the Tesla way.

Reactions: ElleRo

Rich024

Mar 8, 2021
United States
I guess Tesla will have to decide soon; as of 3/19 there are exactly 0 SR Model Y showing in inventory on ev-cpo.com
My SA said there’s plenty more coming within the next 10 days. SR 7 seater got canceled dude to a bad battery. I just think he’s hoping some get canceled. I had asked to cancel my order and for them not to match me with any car.

Reactions: asaulo1

asaulo1

Mar 2, 2021
California
Spoke with a different SA today and was told that outstanding orders for the SR will be fulfilled but there will be no new orders accepted from a specific date which I assume is sometime in early March. Unlike the "unicorn" MY LR RWD, that car was never produced and distributed so I'm thinking we have a good chance of seeing orders to be delivered for the MY SR. I'm almost ready to switch my order to a MY LR AWD but I think I will try to wait it out to see what happens.

Mrbrock

Mar 26, 2020
Napa, CA
How can they say they can not fulfill an order after they run a credit check and get initial deposit? is it legal?
Which initial deposit? The $100? You can do that without running your credit. All orders require that to move forward. And it is refundable if you decide you don’t want to take the car in the future. Just mark your order as paying in cash and wait til you get matched to a vin and a delivery date before switching to financing.

rrrvan

Mar 24, 2021
Vancouver, BC
Ordered mine plain vanilla white MYSR no upgrades back on Jan 23, still no update nor matched to car. Will I still get one? SA has been basically ignoring my calls and emails..

Reactions: ElleRo

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC