Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My stereo now sucks, old vs new

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I searched and maybe I suck at searching so...I can't find any info on this.

I have a 21 M3P and the stereo has always been.... good. But the bass has been meh and at volume below half it just feels empty.

Took my car in for service today and the loaner was a Silver LR+ RWD - so not sure of year, but older. The stereo was INSANE. The front stage was soo deep and the bass was almost too much. I literally sat in my garage for 30 min listening in disbelief. So, being as my car was in for service I asked about this and the response, was we checked it out and it appears to be 'rocking' just fine.

So, What the hell, why is the older Model 3 have a rocken stereo and my almost brand new M3P makes me want to sell it.

Insight, advice, am I crazy, is this a thing? What can I do, can I switch the sub and amp to an older version?!?!

Need your help hive mind.

Maybe take a look at this thread, which is short but talks about a similar issue:

Sound is so subjective. I have a 2018 Model 3, so I have one WITH the rear shelf cut-out, and for me I still found the bass lacking and thus installed a 12in 500W JL Audio subwoofer. Now it hits properly and the rest of the audio was already awesome so I am very happy with it.