Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My story of my MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wasn’t sure about Tesla or an electric car but since a drive 200 miles a day it makes financial sense. I started with a Prius (Lol) fuel efficient but that’s it. tried again with bmw i3. hoping for some fun but that didnt work out. So as the gas prices steadily increased got a Honda Civic type r. Fun but still costs me 300 a week in gas. I was skeptical because all Tesla reviews are either we love it or it’s a disaster. so I looked at every electric car on the market and Tesla range at the time was the best and it was the most appealing to me.although the Porsche taycan was a strong contender if the range was a bit better (love Porsche but bit pricey my needs) I wanted a model y performance but I decided to be cheap and get a model 3 awd to check the brand out. I was very satisfied with the car (should have gotten the performance) and brand and the purchase process. I was pleased but felt like the model y performance was my calling.my name. So the pandemic hit gas skyrocketed vroom offered me 59 k for my car. so the starts aligned and I could get a model y performance for and make a profit on my model 3. So out goes the iPhone. Model y p ordered in June before the last price jump. Picked it up Wednesday. No issues. No complaints. Just what I hoped it would be. Spent probably 1k in accessories. Mud flaps, organizer ,mayes etc most of it I don’t need. Video game control. But what the heck. I like it. That’s my story. thanks to all the posters here they helped me tons. I spent months lurking reading posts before I pulled the triggers.

Attachments

• 782131CD-949C-4002-9692-5FEF87C22F17.jpeg
    782131CD-949C-4002-9692-5FEF87C22F17.jpeg
    537.5 KB · Views: 272
I wasn’t sure about Tesla or an electric car but since a drive 200 miles a day it makes financial sense. I started with a Prius (Lol) fuel efficient but that’s it. tried again with bmw i3. hoping for some fun but that didnt work out. So as the gas prices steadily increased got a Honda Civic type r. Fun but still costs me 300 a week in gas. I was skeptical because all Tesla reviews are either we love it or it’s a disaster. so I looked at every electric car on the market and Tesla range at the time was the best and it was the most appealing to me.although the Porsche taycan was a strong contender if the range was a bit better (love Porsche but bit pricey my needs) I wanted a model y performance but I decided to be cheap and get a model 3 awd to check the brand out. I was very satisfied with the car (should have gotten the performance) and brand and the purchase process. I was pleased but felt like the model y performance was my calling.my name. So the pandemic hit gas skyrocketed vroom offered me 59 k for my car. so the starts aligned and I could get a model y performance for and make a profit on my model 3. So out goes the iPhone. Model y p ordered in June before the last price jump. Picked it up Wednesday. No issues. No complaints. Just what I hoped it would be. Spent probably 1k in accessories. Mud flaps, organizer ,mayes etc most of it I don’t need. Video game control. But what the heck. I like it. That’s my story. thanks to all the posters here they helped me tons. I spent months lurking reading posts before I pulled the triggers.
200 miles a DAY?

"...I wasn’t sure about Tesla or an electric car but since a drive 200 miles a day it makes financial sense..."

Yes. Wasn’t sure because of range. Most were saying 200-miles a charge. And having to stop each day to charge would have been a major burden. So I needed enough to guarantee a round trip. I have a home charger so I charge nightly.
Nice. I'm assuming you're also able to either expense or deduct mileage at tax time, which is $.585 this year, which is over $2k / month.

For a car that is going to get driven that much, personally I'd have gone with an M3 but do enjoy the higher vantage point and easier in/out of the MY, which is why one is parked in my garage (and not the M3).

thanks. yes after almost a week of it I'm more than sure I made the right choice . should have followed my instinct in the beginning but I guess at least I can say I have had the two so I know which I prefer. I would say I made a good profit but with teslas price increases I probably paid the same after allows said and done.

thanks. yes after almost a week of it I'm more than sure I made the right choice . should have followed my instinct in the beginning but I guess at least I can say I have had the two so I know which I prefer. I would say I made a good profit but with teslas price increases I probably paid the same after allows said and done.
Sounds like the perfect set up (car) for you, specially driving about 200 miles per day; I don’t think its the best car to take on longer trips 😬 Unless your willing to be controlled (submit) by Tesla; telling you how fast you should drive to get to your next assigned Charging station.
Of course you definitely don’t want to be in a hurry getting to your destination🤦🏻‍♂️ Must be patient and willing to hang around in SC stations while it’s being charged 🤣😂
My main reason for buying a MYP was Performance! I’m driving the same way I’ve always drive ‘Fast’ without having to pay for gasoline 🤣😂👍🏻
I’ve tried a couple of long trips from Anaheim Ca to Chandler AZ… and it was not pleasant; Lesson learned, No mas.
Congratulations, have fun enjoy your MYP experience, life is short.

Sounds like the perfect set up (car) for you, specially driving about 200 miles per day; I don’t think its the best car to take on longer trips 😬 Unless your willing to be controlled (submit) by Tesla; telling you how fast you should drive to get to your next assigned Charging station.
Of course you definitely don’t want to be in a hurry getting to your destination🤦🏻‍♂️ Must be patient and willing to hang around in SC stations while it’s being charged 🤣😂
My main reason for buying a MYP was Performance! I’m driving the same way I’ve always drive ‘Fast’ without having to pay for gasoline 🤣😂👍🏻
I’ve tried a couple of long trips from Anaheim Ca to Chandler AZ… and it was not pleasant; Lesson learned, No mas.
Congratulations, have fun enjoy your MYP experience, life is short.
lol. I drove fast and hollllyyyyyyy crap . this car moves it fell like a plane heading for takeoff. I like it so much more than my old model 3. mainly for comfort and the super solid feel.

Nice Story. I was a Honda Fan back in the days. I had a 1995 Civic Coupe with a B18C5 full swap and it was really fun at Willow and cruising around. How do you like the CTR besides the gas prices?
I loved it. It was a lot of fun. Not as fast as people try to make it seem. It handled like a dream and I loved the hard lines but I hated the wing (almost 50 so I don’t love big spoilers ) It got to be a pain shifting gears. I do to many miles and hit too much traffic so after awhile it got annoying. Funny thing. I took advantage of the high demand and did a even swap at the dealer for a 46 k Honda Ridgeline. It was a Honda dealer in Nanuet NY. They have dropped it from 51 now they are down to 48 k and counting. So I feel prettty good about that trade.

Reactions: EasterEgg
I loved it. It was a lot of fun. Not as fast as people try to make it seem. It handled like a dream and I loved the hard lines but I hated the wing (almost 50 so I don’t love big spoilers ) It got to be a pain shifting gears. I do to many miles and hit too much traffic so after awhile it got annoying. Funny thing. I took advantage of the high demand and did a even swap at the dealer for a 46 k Honda Ridgeline. It was a Honda dealer in Nanuet NY. They have dropped it from 51 now they are down to 48 k and counting. So I feel prettty good about that trade.
Thanks for the review.