Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My super charger rate reduced from 130kW to 58kW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few years ago the Supercharger behavior on paired V2 stalls changed, so that the "first car gets priority" rule no longer applies. Power is offered equally to both sides of a stall now. Whether you have free Supercharging or not is irrelevant.
Bad move Tesla in my opinion... and genuinely curious why...
At least with priority, drivers would learn to spread out or suffer slow speeds..

Guess i'll just start carrying "out of order" sign n stick it on the shared stall while charging 😂

Bad move Tesla in my opinion... and genuinely curious why...
At least with priority, drivers would learn to spread out or suffer slow speeds..

Guess i'll just start carrying "out of order" sign n stick it on the shared stall while charging 😂

Because the user experience of being the 5th car to arrive at an 8-stall site and receiving 36 kW for who-knows-how-long, was terrible. It made sense when Superchargers were rarely more than half full, but an even split makes more sense today, particularly since most new buyers have no idea how V2 pairing works.

Reactions: bmah
I have seen one 250kW station with ABCD stalls; I assume this shares 250kW between 4. Somewhere in Jersey I think?

It’s more complicated than that. A 12-stall V3 site typically shares one megawatt between 12 stalls.

And each V3 cabinet is ~350kW across ABCD, unless the DC link is used. Any pedestal can pull 250kW, but normal setups can't source 250kW to two cars simultaneously.