Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla stopped updating older MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ngng

Jul 23, 2018
Bay Area
You really are hung up on this conspiracy theory …. But that’s not the case.

There’s plenty of reasons why a Supercharger won’t deliver maximum kW; or in this case, half of maximum kW. Everything from current draw to charging handle temperature can affect it. Lots of factors, exactly none of which involve the payment method (or, lack thereof.)

I’ve got a 2020 X with free Supercharging as well, and routinely see everything from 250kW down to 12kW, and lots in between.

I also have a Model 3 which does NOT have free Supercharging (although I do have referral miles), and get the same behavior.

All normal.

I guess Tesla stopped updating the older MX. That's first time I've seen the supercharger graphic!

that should not matter, the new viz was added late in 2022.12.3.x stream I think.

I guess it's possile it's disabled with AP1 because godot viz seamlessly integrates with ap2+ surround car view viz, but the viz for ap1 is the old style one still I think?

Godot viz … what an appropriate name. That should be the code name for all of FSD.

• Funny
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
that should not matter, the new viz was added late in 2022.12.3.x stream I think.

I guess it's possile it's disabled with AP1 because godot viz seamlessly integrates with ap2+ surround car view viz, but the viz for ap1 is the old style one still I think?
Are there AP1 vehicles with this new of a version? IIRC, @ecarfan just had a thread where the version was still 2021.x on an AP2 vehicle with MCU2 and the service center said there is nothing newer for it. The thread wasn't about that, but we discussed it as a possible cause for the issue at hand.

version was still 2021.x on an AP2 vehicle with MCU2
this configuration is officially unsupported. All official mcu2 retrofits on ap2 get hw3 for free

That said the new firmwares still support this combination and I know some DIY installs that got 2022.16.x recently. They do have a permanent warning about unsupported configuration though.

There are AP1 cars on 2022 too.

And in fact MCU1 2022.8.10.5 deployment has began a week ago or so

• Informative
Reactions: FlyF4 and mxnym