Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Telsa now automatically starts navigation to and from work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like it. I have 3 or 4 various routes to get back and forth through my city. I’ve used the swipe down method for the last 6 months everyday to help ID the best route for the day. Swiping down automatically navigated to home or work with a quick swipe down on the NAV button.
It takes traffic into account. I generally take what it says as as pretty much every time I ignored its warning there is some traffic related issue on the path I took instead.

I disable audio on NAV cause yeah that would be annoying. I like that it gives me a time of arrival that is reasonably accurate as well.

Last edited:
It’s safe to say this feature is less about people not knowing how to get to work, and more as a precursor to the release of self driving on city streets which will allow you to just get in the car and have it take you to work with no action from you.

if it bothers you that it was rolled out before auto driving on city streets (or if you didn’t buy FSD), you can definitely disable it in Settings.

edit: sorry @Rothgarr , I didn’t mean to quote your post.
Edit 2: as someone who uses nav every day anyway (with the voice muted), @JBT66 makes a great point about the traffic aspect being really helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: KenC and Cely
Like all you, I know how to go to work and back. However, I've been using Waze. It's a drivers app. It is always the fastest way to get to your destination. I like knowing if there's an accident or something. It'll automatically pick a different route. I've been comparing it to the nav update and it's telling me to use the same route as Waze.
I had sat nav in my last car that I didn't use and I don't use it in this car; both because of Waze. Without using HOV, there are seven different routes I could take to work (many more counting all the minor variations). I swear by it and wish I could have it integrated into Nikola

My car started doing this nav to work and back home.
As implemented this could have been done by anyone 10 years ago, so it isn't that great of a feature.

To be smarter, the car should know what route you really take
or at least time your route and notify you when you start if the estimate is significantly different than normal...and why
or note my daily schedule and notice that I go someplace else (gym) on certain days before I go home
or just ask or say what it is doing and ask for confirmation

As it is, out of 10 trips this past week it was wrong more than half the trips due to gym and other errands.

Mike