Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla 3 collision experience [Insurance / repair]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am going to use this thread to share my Tesla 3 rear end collision experience. Specifically the insurance and repair potion.

Screenshot_20230224_181334_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230224_181323_Gallery.jpg
I am going to use this thread to share my Tesla 3 rear end collision experience. Specifically the insurance and repair potion.

Lets start with couple pics.... its a 2021 short range that was rear ended on the freeway at a complete stop.

Lets start with couple pics.... its a 2021 short range that was rear ended on the freeway at a complete stop.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230224_181334_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230224_181334_Gallery.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 94
Sorry that happened to your car. Hope everyone was ok.

That’ll be a total loss, fortunately for you. Makes it as simple and quick as is possible in a poor situation.

Guess you can get a RWD LFP which is arguably better. Or just go LR - not very efficient though - wonder if Highland will fix that problem?

Reactions: Fitcorydaniel
What story are you attempting to share (what is it you are trying to have "others learn" as you put it)?
The story will write itself as my experience unfolds. The common themes im seeing are lack Of adjuster understanding, lack of sufficient supply of parts, far and few between certified tesla repair locations, disparaging differences in estimates., and the rest will write itself.

We also have a Y LR and M3 performance, so we clearly love our Teslas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: driver7
For us to stay tuned and track progress in real-time as OP goes through the process? Like a Netflix series that releases an episode per week rather than full release.
Finally - someone who has had an accident in a Tesla can tell us all about the "insurance and repair potion"!
Really, folks, why couldn't have someone done this sooner?

But you clearly don't love them enough to crash one, and tell us all about it. Do you?

a

The story will write itself as my experience unfolds. The common themes im seeing are lack Of adjuster understanding, lack of sufficient supply of parts, far and few between certified tesla repair locations, disparaging differences in estimates., and the rest will write itself.

I edited this post because you put words inside the "quote" function such that it appeared I posted them, and I didnt.

I also deleted a couple of posts because of spacing added to other peoples quotes inside your post. (not because of post content). OP please re post those if desired. I suggest not typing at all inside the quote box of another persons quote if you intend to use that function.