Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla Adventure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple weeks ago I bought my first ever car, a Model 3. After 6 years of waiting and saving, I decided to immediately take off on a road trip around North America.

The car is driving like a dream so far, I'm now 13 days (and over 7,000km) in to my adventure.

I'd love to hear recommendations for places to visit or even meet up with any Tesla owners along the way. I'd also love to answer any questions people here have about taking their cars on road trips, I've got 7,000km+ of experience with mine now.

Below is a tweet thread on all the places I've visited so far, just making my way into the Colorado rockies right now.

Kevin Rooke on Twitter

A few favorite car pics from the trip so far...

NH2.jpg
NH.jpg

Nice! We took our first Model X from Portland Oregon to Montreal and back in 2016, great trip! We’ve done several other big trips in the west in Model X and Model 3.

If you plan to come to Portland I would be happy to show you around a bit, coffee, whatever, and of course you can charge at our place if you like.

Reactions: green48
This is great. I love hearing stories like this as they remind me of a cross-county trip from MI to Vegas with my best friend. I would love to take my 3 on a USA tour to visit as many states as possible. Maybe go after that supercharger contest record..... :D

Safe travels and keep sharing those photos!

Which way are you going? Can help with recommendations.

Utah is up there with some of the best of the USA.

Worth checking are the Badlands in South Dakota (though the Dakotas aren’t too covered for charging)

Sand Dunes in Colorado
Devils Monument in Wyoming.
Grand Canyon (shouldn’t be a surprise)
Yellowstone.

That’s most of the Midwest things I would put high on the list.

Lots more in the USA. Will check back on this thread to see how it goes and throw some other things in the list.

Drove my Model 3 to Mars today... highly recommend visiting Utah for any Tesla owners looking for a road trip this summer!

Kevin Rooke on Twitter

Utah is amazing. We just did a dual-Tesla road trip through Utah last month. Let me know if you need recommendations. Too bad I saw this too late to arrange some Denver Tesla Club hospitality for you.

Enjoy the trip. I'd love to do a long trip like that someday. Closest I've come is 2,700 miles, and I'll be doing a 3k mile trip in my 3 in Oct.