Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla App ("My Tesla Could Not Be Reached At This Time")

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many, many issues with the My Tesla App (App version 2.7.9.161, Android 6.0.1) refusing to connect with message "My Tesla Could Not Be Reached At This Time". I can connect to My Tesla quite easily on the web site using the same username and password. I have tried this via WiFi and also via GSM. Same result.

The apps seems to fail to connect about 90% of the time.

I found other threads which talk about similar issues but they do not appear to be very current.

Anyone know what causes this, how many folks are experiencing this, when it might be fixed, and if there is any support contact at Tesla who can help run this down?

I have the same issue at the moment. Worked this morning when I checked up on my car which is at a detailer, but no longer reachable this afternoon. Selfishly, the fact that others are encountering this issue at this time makes me feel a bit better as I was starting to think the detailer was might have done something to cause it :oops:

One startling thing I learned this week is that if the car is under a metal roof, the GPS location is inaccurate.

I checked My Tesla on the iPhone Saturday night while the car was at the Service Center. Imagine my concern when the app showed the car at an apartment a few blocks from the Service Center at midnight, unlocked, with the frunk open! :eek:

Turned out the car was in the Service Center on a hoist with no front axles at the time. It was unlocked with the frunk open though, so half right.:confused:

• Informative
Reactions: aija SigX 649
I couldn't get app to work on my iPhone 3GS, and it gave me the same exact message. Once I upgraded my iPhone to one from this decade, app worked perfectly of course! If using an older iPhone, that may be something to consider.