Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla app was showing somebody else's solar system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a weird one...

My house has two solar systems. The second one was installed about a year after the first one because we needed more power after switching to EVs. It took a while for the second system to show up in the app, and when it did, a third system also showed up.

I was told back then that the third system was just the total of the other two. The numbers did not really add up, but I never gave it too much thought, I just got used to not looking at it.

But for the past couple of months, one of my inverters has been down. And this is when I noticed that the third system was still showing numbers much higher than the one inverter I knew was working. Nothing made sense.

So I contacted Tesla support through the chat. After some convincing, I got them to look into my app. That is when they told me that the third system was from my address in Bakersfield. Problem is... I don't have an address in Bakersfield. I don't even know anybody over there. It turns out that for the past few years, I had been looking at somebody else's system.

Just putting this out there in case somebody sees something strange in the app. Flag it with the customer support team as soon as possible. As crazy as it sounds, you might be looking at a system that is not yours.