TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

My Tesla at a Shareholder's Meeting

Discussion in 'Model S' started by mknox, May 24, 2013.

1. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

As some of you know, I am a Vice President at a Canadian electrical utility and one of our strategic goals is the promotion of electric vehicle adoption.

Yesterday, we had our annual Shareholders’ Meeting which we conduct in a public forum and invite members of the community and the press. We spend a bit of time with the boring stuff like election of Board members, declarations, payments of dividends etc., but we typically have a keynote speaker on a topic of interest to the community. This year, we invited Cara Clairman, President/CEO of Plug ‘n Drive Canada, a non-profit NGO committed to accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles. She gave an excellent presentation and received numerous questions from the audience. We had our company Volt on hand which received a fair bit of attention, but I also opened my Model S up to the curious and I think it might have become the star of the show. Will be curious to see if it makes it into the papers.

Here’s a few snapshots.

DSCN7639.JPG DSC01457.JPG DSC01458.JPG DSC01459.JPG DSC01460.JPG DSCN7637.JPG

2. Plug Me In

Plug Me In Member

Very nice! No pics of the forlorn, lonely Volt off ignored in the corner somewhere?

3. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

Great choice of speakers - Clairman knows her subject well. I wish the US utilities were cooperating as well as you guys are. (Several are trying...but you know, big company, lots of regulation, new idea...it's slow going).

4. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

Nice job keeping her clean too knox!

5. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

No, and in fact even the newspaper article photo was of my car, although the Volt gets mentioned.

6. aznt1217

aznt1217 Active Member

Please tell me you have some people a ride haha