Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla at a Shareholder's Meeting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mknox

Aug 7, 2012
Toronto, ON
As some of you know, I am a Vice President at a Canadian electrical utility and one of our strategic goals is the promotion of electric vehicle adoption.

Yesterday, we had our annual Shareholders’ Meeting which we conduct in a public forum and invite members of the community and the press. We spend a bit of time with the boring stuff like election of Board members, declarations, payments of dividends etc., but we typically have a keynote speaker on a topic of interest to the community. This year, we invited Cara Clairman, President/CEO of Plug ‘n Drive Canada, a non-profit NGO committed to accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles. She gave an excellent presentation and received numerous questions from the audience. We had our company Volt on hand which received a fair bit of attention, but I also opened my Model S up to the curious and I think it might have become the star of the show. Will be curious to see if it makes it into the papers.

Here’s a few snapshots.

DSCN7639.JPG
DSC01457.JPG
DSC01458.JPG
DSC01459.JPG
DSC01460.JPG
DSCN7637.JPG

Great choice of speakers - Clairman knows her subject well. I wish the US utilities were cooperating as well as you guys are. (Several are trying...but you know, big company, lots of regulation, new idea...it's slow going).