Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla buying experience. Not for the faint of heart.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is my first post and I assure you I’m not a bot or someone that dislikes Teslas I actually did buy one. I live in Washington and this is my story. For some reason I wanted to DING DONG hear a noise, lol (law & order)

Anyways I placed my order on March 3 of this year for a Y performance model in blue color. I originally wanted white and a performance package. The blue said it was a lot arrive between March 26 and April 14, the white said May 20 to July 1. So I opted for the Blue. As soon as I placed my order my time changed to late April early may. So I immediately called Tesla to see if I could cancel and just get the white and they told me I’d lose my $250. So I kept the blue.

I then called the store in Renton Washington and asked them if I could test drive a Tesla and come and look at one. 49 minute wait on hold. They told me they had no rentals or loaners available. I asked the individual whose name was Sophia if there was a waiting list and she told me that there was and she took my name and number down. There is no waiting list. I was lied too.

A few weeks go by and I called back again seeing if they have any vehicles and they tell me oh no we just got rid of them last weekend you should’ve called last week. So I kinda got into a argument on the phone about what I was told and then they told me well we have no Sophia here you probably just called someone in another state. OK whatever how do I drive a car? You can’t we don’t have any when they are available you can call up and see if you can get one. So I asked when that would be, we don’t know you can just keep trying.

After nine delays I finally picked up my car on June 18. However on the 12th, at 10pm, a Sunday, I got a notification that my car is ready to be picked up and that I needed to make arrangements. I work nights by the way. Within 12 hours I got another text message that said you have not contacted us we are going to sell your car within 72 hours. So I called Tesla at 2:47 PM on a Monday. I literally got up took a shower, brushed my teeth, got dressed, made my lunch for work, drove to Fife Washington were the new Tesla service Center is. Walked in and asked the lady named Jill why I had to be on the phone for an hour and 52 minutes and they can’t answer their phone? She just stared at me. As I show her my phone with the time being on hold!

So me and Jill start talking and it doesn’t go very well and the first thing I ask her can I at least sit in the car, I didn’t even ask to drive one and she told me no there were no cars available. There were 71 cars in the lot. I counted every one. I asked Jill if she had a Tesla, she just stared at me and said sir we don’t have a car for you to sit in. After a bit I calm down, and I thought we had a good understanding. I apologized to her for being loud, im old and my hearing is not good and I’m waiting on supply issues for these special aids. Anyways, I apologized again, and she LET me finally sit in my car, which I appreciated.

My daughter works for Subaru of America, she’s not a sales person she works for corporate and she allows customers to sit in her car at every dealer that she visits across this country. Me and my daughter don’t see eye to eye on a lot of things, but she did tell me that you were in the right and that girl was completely wrong.

So I get my car months late, bubbles all in the paint. A gash in the dashboard. My phone won’t charge, it won’t charge in any case I put it in and they told me oh well don’t put it in the case. That’s ridiculous everyone has a phone in a case. Tape, stickers, and plastic all left in the car. Two usb outlets accessible to the driver, well, that don’t work. The cowbell thing with the auto cruise, won’t shut off, and lunges the car forward when on. Only way to disavle it is to reset the screen.

The only good interaction that I’ve had with Tesla is the gentleman name Victor that made the delivery with my vehicle. He was awesome even had a few words to say about Jill. And I’ll leave that right there. Well, also the service writer I met a few days ago. He was good also.

I got my survey which Victor told me I would get I filled it out pretty much all zeros. He told me that it wouldn’t affect him. I even put in the survey that he was great. I have yet to have anyone from Tesla contact me. So here I am ready to get roasted by the Tesla fan boys. But I really want to know if anyone has had this experience before or am I just special?

Attachments

• 1487D578-B62A-4AF6-B066-B61F636FF901.jpeg
    1487D578-B62A-4AF6-B066-B61F636FF901.jpeg
    430.1 KB · Views: 296
This is pretty normal.

Tesla sells all their demo cars at quarter end. Ridiculous, but it is what it is.

Tesla is not known for customer service. They are a “technology” company.

If you don’t like it, there is a waiting list of 4-12 months long of people ready to buy the car today. And that is how they treat customers.

Sorry… but this is the truth. Only way for Tesla to treat people better is if people stop buying their cars. Since that is not going to happen…. It’s normal.

Reactions: VegasMYP
Ok, found the fan boy. Prudent consumer? This is like no car buying experience I’ve dealt with. Ever think maybe older people don't want to deal with that whole attitude? And loose my $250 for no fault of my own?
and just curious, did you buy your teslas brand new?
Yes. 3 times. All brand new. I even referred my friends and family to buy new Tesla too. They rejected imperfect ones and their deposits were transferred to another new order. They didn't lose a cent but they did lose time.

Prudent consumer? This is like no car buying experience I’ve dealt with. Ever think maybe older people don't want to deal with that whole attitude? And loose my $250 for no fault of my own?
and just curious, did you buy your teslas brand new?
This is where the fanboys come in. They make it seem like you can “inspect” the car… but it is strongly discouraged. They will threaten to give your car to someone else if you don’t accept delivery. You want to see the interior? Transfer your money and hit “acknowledge” first.

Again, Tesla way.

I feel your pain - I have an M3 on order - I’ve had many new cars and never had such a poor deliver as you and others have had with a new Tesla - when you pick up a Lexus it is detailed for real - when I got a new Porsche the service Dept came out to greet me - they also did free hand car wash and bagels early Saturday am - I guess I have to get ready for Tesla brand service -
I’ll try bribing the staff in west palm w my promo items - pens - pads - microfiber cloths - and even Jupiter donuts 🍩 if that what it takes 😝

This is where the fanboys come in. They make it seem like you can “inspect” the car… but it is strongly discouraged. They will threaten to give your car to someone else if you don’t accept delivery. You want to see the interior? Transfer your money and hit “acknowledge” first.

Again, Tesla way.

I literally picked up my car yesterday and they let me go in it, outside, trunk, everything. Not all *sugar* is the same bro

Went to inspect a brand new LR Y for my buddy yesterday.

First thing we saw , a door ding so my buddy refused the delivery.

guess what, since he waited a year for the car, locked in the price a year ago, Tesla told him if he don’t accept, his order is cancel! This is his first VIN too.

WTF! My buddy accepted the car and deal with putting in a service call and hope for the best. 🤦‍♂️

and there was some paint issue too. And someone adjusted the passenger door, u can tell by looking at the door hinge.

I want you along when I pick up my M3 - I’m bringing my wife for pick up - she would inspect. Wine glasses at the Mikasa outlets to find 12 perfect - -I don’t want to reject but Tesla service may have met their match - if they want to raise my price - I guess they have the keys 🔑

Reactions: fishy21