Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla Direct Drop Off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I would start a new thread to tell you my experience with the Tesla Drop Off.

I got my car (White/Black int. PUP) dropped off about an hour ago. When I got my email that the car was delivered, the agent was actually waiting for his uber so we talked for a bit. Nice kid. I was super excited, walked around the car and took some pictures. I don't see any crazy trim gaps, this car was very well assembled.
Here are some of them-
IMG_4804.jpg
IMG_4806.jpg

IMG_4805.jpg

IMG_4803.jpg

After my excitement wore off a bit, the agent told me there was a slight issue...the front passenger wheel...

IMG_4802.jpg

My initial thought was WTF...but I stayed calm. It looks like a pretty gnarly curb rash.

The agent told me that he didn't notice it until he arrived to take all the pictures to deliver and somehow this wasn't caught on during the initial inspection. I asked him to call the delivery center right away to see what they can do with this because either he will get in trouble for it and I don't want them to blame me for it as well. It will turn into a finger pointing situation. He proceeds to call them and said they will take care of it once he gets back to HQ and that service will reach out to me to setup an appt to replace the wheel. They called it "due bill" which is noted on my account, the rim will be replaced for free. I already went in the app to schedule an appointment.

Not going to lie...I am pretty disappointed with that but it's fixable.

I also went through the interior of the car, there were some sort of dark stains on the backseat which I think I can clean off. I am going to try cleaning it later. Also found a spider web near the back seat, took that out.

Another issue- my rear center and left passenger seats are having trouble reclining. It just makes a mechanical sound and then stops. It also doesn't drop down completely with the back buttons. Only after a couple tries. The right passenger seat is fine. I think it might be some of misalignment that's causing the issue which I will ask them to take care of when they replace my wheel.

I'm still playing around with the car. A few setbacks and quirks. I will keep this updated if I find anything.

Overall this car is great, looks awesome in person! (besides the wheel rash).

For all you Direct Drop Off people- Make sure to check the car right away. Keep an eye out for your delivery. If you see the whoever is delivering the car, actually ask them to stay for a bit while you go over the car real quick. I think that will help out a lot for you.

I would still prefer to pick up the car at the delivery center still if I get another Tesla in the future but giving the climate right now, this is not bad.

Stay safe! I'm going to go figure out a name for the car Model Y.

I feel your pain, I'd be pissed.
I hate scratches on my wheels. I tell my wife all the time, never ever scratch a man's wheels!
But, let's give Tesla (at least in Calif.) credit, they are busting arse (and bursting at the seams) to deliver these cars before EOQ!
@jwuwu I bet that smile felt good when you planted your foot on that pedal

Reactions: jwuwu
I feel your pain, I'd be pissed.
I hate scratches on my wheels. I tell my wife all the time, never ever scratch a man's wheels!
But, let's give Tesla (at least in Calif.) credit, they are busting arse (and bursting at the seams) to deliver these cars before EOQ!
@jwuwu I bet that smile felt good when you planted your foot on that pedal

Haha the guy said I took it well. It is what it is. And you're right, they're all busting their butt so we can all enjoy a good experience. Just a minor thing that can be fixed.

@awedio_femi :)