Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla entered production - and is this picture for real?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sooooooo, this picture was emailed to me. They said it's in production. Is this really MY car or just some generic Tesla? it's, black - check, it's got a hole where the sunroof goes - check, that's about all I can tell. Any thoughts? Cool picture though.

Attachments

• tesla in production.PNG
    tesla in production.PNG
    352.5 KB · Views: 246
Sooooooo, this picture was emailed to me. They said it's in production. Is this really MY car or just some generic Tesla? it's, black - check, it's got a hole where the sunroof goes - check, that's about all I can tell. Any thoughts? Cool picture though.

The ability to track your car is simple. If your DS wants to, or has time, they certainly can walk down the line, take a pic of your car, and send it to you. They often have a paper attached that shows the VIN, or even your name on it.
My DS sent me pictures every day when they were building my car, from Body in White, to, "It's Alive" when they activated the 17" screen. I would not doubt that it is your car if they say it is. No reason for it not to be.

The ability to track your car is simple. If your DS wants to, or has time, they certainly can walk down the line, take a pic of your car, and send it to you. They often have a paper attached that shows the VIN, or even your name on it.
My DS sent me pictures every day when they were building my car, from Body in White, to, "It's Alive" when they activated the 17" screen. I would not doubt that it is your car if they say it is. No reason for it not to be.

Wow, daily photo status!?
I have yet to see or hear from a DS? What do they look like?
My car finished production and is scheduled for delivery.
The only reason I know this is that I refreshed the "my Tesla" page.

I'm fine with this, being a web site purchase and all, but personalized service would have been a nice touch.

When mine went into production I got the same picture in my email. However I have a pearl white car ordered.

I'm more interested to hear about the DS that got pictures of the car on the line!

@roblab Do you live near the factory? Can you share the photos? I'd love to see it on the line.

Thanks Erik

20160528_213757.png

When mine went into production I got the same picture in my email. However I have a pearl white car ordered.

I'm more interested to hear about the DS that got pictures of the car on the line!

@roblab Do you live near the factory? Can you share the photos? I'd love to see it on the line.

Thanks Erik

Well, obviously things have changed. My DS did take pictures and sent me emails every day my car was on the line. True. But that was VIN 00064. I got a lot of special treatment that likely they don't have time for now, but I see no reason why a DS could NOT go to the line and take a picture of a certain car, other than time constraints. I guess a generic picture is as good, but it was cool to see every step.

Pardon my naivete.

As to the rest of it, the DS was a little unorthodox. He suggested a case of wine for his efforts. He no longer works for Tesla. The pictures are long gone (3 1/2 years ago). I live a hundred miles from the factory, but I don't go by there often

Thanks Erik

Well, obviously things have changed. My DS did take pictures and sent me emails every day my car was on the line. True. But that was VIN 00064. I got a lot of special treatment that likely they don't have time for now, but I see no reason why a DS could NOT go to the line and take a picture of a certain car, other than time constraints. I guess a generic picture is as good, but it was cool to see every step.

Pardon my naivete.

As to the rest of it, the DS was a little unorthodox. He suggested a case of wine for his efforts. He no longer works for Tesla. The pictures are long gone (3 1/2 years ago). I live a hundred miles from the factory, but I don't go by there often

Ah, makes sense. The early cars certainly got special treatment, as they should have.

My DS is here in Colorado so it'd be a little harder for him to get pictures.

Although it would be cool if they put in an automated picture taker, but I understand why they don't.

Thanks Erik

It shouldn't be that hard to set up cameras at various points along the line to take pictures of each car as they came through, link them to the serial number (or production number) of the car, and automatically email them to their respective future owners so they can actually watch their car being built? They may have to cheat a bit in the very early process, but I have always wondered why Tesla hasn't done this since day one.