Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. Once their is more competition with 300+ miles they will be in trouble. It may take a few more years for that to happen. The demand for Tesla is high. No other company offers the same battery and efficiency as them. The supercharger networks help them a lot too. Ford is the closest with the mach e. However they have issues with chargers.

I think this whole supercharger thing is overhyped. A lot of people don't drive their car far enough to need a supercharger. If I look at all the cars I have bought in the past 10 years, maybe only a third of my cars have been on a trip longer than 200 miles round trip. When we go on vacation, we fly, and then we rent.

I cannot wait for my Mercedes EQS to arrive. The Tesla has got me excited about the convenience and experience of an electric car, but combining that with the full range of luxury, tech and user experience of Mercedes is going to be amazing.

Reactions: Celeritas
kudos to you, definitely agree with your posting. I feel like the excuse of “buying technology” and “better technology / advance technology” is what you’ll get with this post of yours. I was in the same boat at you. My wife and I ordered a model y (her) and a model 3(mine).
Super frustrated with all the issues with customer service and even going in person the people I spoke with at 3 different locations were just apathetic and as stiff as a board when trying to assist me. I felt unwanted and just a number. I canceled my model 3 and went a different route. My wife is still waiting for her order and she can do it, not in a rush. We gave up on following up with any order and I check these forums to see any updates versus the actual website.
Honestly, the replies you get from people here that will push technology > customer experience seem to be the tesla fan boys or the FOMO crowd. Tesla is what iPhone was when ur first released, there’s an android that will catch up and sooner or later tesla will follow suite to compete. There really isn’t a HIT OR MISS in SA’s. They are literally only useful when you get your vin. When you do get a hold of them they have their script they go through and just give general answers to just get you to check out.

kudos to you, definitely agree with your posting. I feel like the excuse of “buying technology” and “better technology / advance technology” is what you’ll get with this post of yours. I was in the same boat at you. My wife and I ordered a model y (her) and a model 3(mine).
Super frustrated with all the issues with customer service and even going in person the people I spoke with at 3 different locations were just apathetic and as stiff as a board when trying to assist me. I felt unwanted and just a number. I canceled my model 3 and went a different route. My wife is still waiting for her order and she can do it, not in a rush. We gave up on following up with any order and I check these forums to see any updates versus the actual website.
Honestly, the replies you get from people here that will push technology > customer experience seem to be the tesla fan boys or the FOMO crowd. Tesla is what iPhone was when ur first released, there’s an android that will catch up and sooner or later tesla will follow suite to compete. There really isn’t a HIT OR MISS in SA’s. They are literally only useful when you get your vin. When you do get a hold of them they have their script they go through and just give general answers to just get you to check out.
It is important to note that the technology in the Tesla is advanced in some areas and very limited in others. If you take a car like Mercedes EQS as a point of comparison, the Mercedes is substantially more advanced in terms of the technology. When I drive my Model Y, while I love the electric power train, and the simplicity of the user interface, it is also the car with the fewest features of any car I have owned in the past 6 years.

The crooks in Albany make NY a particularly difficult place to buy a Tesla. There are only 5 stores for the whole state.

That said, Tesla shouldn't partner with abusive companies that make egregiously lowball trade offers:

Screenshot 2021-08-03 1.41.25 PM.png

PXL_20210731_191431106_2.jpg

The crooks in Albany make NY a particularly difficult place to buy a Tesla. There are only 5 stores for the whole state.

That said, Tesla shouldn't partner with abusive companies that make egregiously lowball trade offers:

View attachment 691634

View attachment 691635
That's a quote for the (now extinct) SR Y, correct? Any additional options besides the color? That trade-in quote is higher than the price of the Y when you bought it, correct?

That's a quote for the (now extinct) SR Y, correct? Any additional options besides the color? That trade-in quote is higher than the price of the Y when you bought it, correct?
No FSD (FSD has terrible residual)

White interior, MSM. Trailer hitch, mud flaps, clearbra are the aftermarket extras.
Crazy right?

Good luck finding one of these for less than 50k.
Screenshot_20210730-114340.png
Screenshot_20210731-121449 (1).jpg

Reactions: bro1999
Picked up MYP yesterday. Tesla Kisco was great, they were able to one way rent me a car at the last minute (what a horrible experience driving a Versa 350 miles...)

On the way down I got an offer from the Toyota Dealer (talk to Ivan!) for $49,500! They are about 1 block away!
I wish I'd thought this through better, or had Tesla's $31,500 offer sooner. Nearest Carmax to Kisco is 60 miles away, and girlfriend shut down the backup of taking the car there. She hates driving downstate roads/drivers.

Looks like an addiction problem in my back yard

PXL_20210806_001335309.MP.jpg

We added FSD subscription - *** These new cars limit speed and put you in AP Jail after 80, not 90, and in a P it's really easy to get there inadvertently.

PXL_20210805_204835746.MP.jpg

This car came with BioWeapon Defense Mode, which was an exciting surprise.

PXL_20210805_200354223.MP.jpg

Still Love this SRY! We took a 4800 mile road trip in it and it was great!
Jumped in SRY last night, still really like this car! Lighter, feels more playful. MYP definitely beastly acceleration.
Dropped Liz at her mothers on the way home from Kisco, them picked her up later in the SRY and she didn't notice the difference...

MYP did make the leg from Rosco Diner without an additional charge.
Hopefully road trips carrying bikes will be significantly better.