Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla goes for a run every day for six miles while I sit in my office all day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do not get me wrong, I love my Tesla. Unfortunately I consume average about 6 miles a day in winter by having the car sitting in my driveway. I understand the reasons and I read all the threads, it is more of a joke :)

By the way on a different subject, when in Autopilot on a city road, it looks like a 10 years old driving, I hope the FSD is different. I hope also they made it easy and not confusing with all these terminologies, autopilot, FSD, Auto staring. With that said, I wish they bundle everything together when you buy a car, much better experience in my opinion. From $4000 to $10,000 it is ridiculous to me, besides, I love to drive that car manually but I see the points of using automatic features.

• Funny
Reactions: Reborn and KenC
Mine went out and had a beer the other night, gotta check the
odo like having teen agers at home. Sorry my lockdown beer
is ready.

When I was a teenager the trick a friend used was to disconnect the speedometer cable from the back of the dash. We had permission to go to the mall but no further so we would disconnect it at the mall, cruise around all night and then go back to the mall, plug it in and drive home.

Worked great until someone spotted us driving around and reported us back to the parents!!

I wonder where the Tesla speedometer cable is :)

Do not get me wrong, I love my Tesla. Unfortunately I consume average about 6 miles a day in winter by having the car sitting in my driveway. I understand the reasons and I read all the threads, it is more of a joke :)

By the way on a different subject, when in Autopilot on a city road, it looks like a 10 years old driving, I hope the FSD is different. I hope also they made it easy and not confusing with all these terminologies, autopilot, FSD, Auto staring. With that said, I wish they bundle everything together when you buy a car, much better experience in my opinion. From $4000 to $10,000 it is ridiculous to me, besides, I love to drive that car manually but I see the points of using automatic features.

Please just go buy something else. That way we don't have to hear the constant requests from people than want something that they would never request from another automaker but somehow for a Tesla is has to be bundled with everything ever made for a vehicle.

• Love
Reactions: Reborn
I'm glad it is not included which allows for different price points. I would not have purchased the car at $10k more just to have FSD. I actually LIKE driving. Call me when I can sit in a recliner and watch netflix on my way to work while wading through email. That is the kind of automated driving I'm interested in. And because I sometimes have trust issues, it will probably be an auto drive Abrams Tank....with solar panels.

By the way on a different subject, when in Autopilot on a city road, it looks like a 10 years old driving

User error.

The owners manual explicitly states it's not intended for use on such roads. (bold added)

Model 3 owners manual page 88 said:
Autosteer is intended for use only on highways and limited-access roads with a fully attentive driver.... . Do not use Autosteer on city streets, in construction zones, or in areas where bicyclists or pedestrians may be present

I wish they bundle everything together when you buy a car, much better experience in my opinion. From $4000 to $10,000 it is ridiculous to me.

$10,000 is what it costs to get the bundle with 'everything' so I'm not really understanding what you are asking for here.

Last edited:
6 miles or 2% - I don't care how you look at it I just wish it would tell you where the energy was going. my phone tells me exactly which apps are consuming how much battery. why can't my car?!?

fwiw, mine loses about 10 miles everyday in the summer sitting in the parking lot.

Since you already read in the threads about "phantom drain" you probably are well informed now how to manage to your needs.

But I am guessing you are simply fooling around in your lunch break by hiding somewhere and smart summon your car back and forth and around your parking lot, giving your colleagues some "Tesla Moments". ;):):D

But accumulating 6mi per day with this is quite impressive, it takes you roughly 2hours, hm?