Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The key features shown in the video are:
• Quick and easy connect and disconnect
• Nothing to roll up or store
• No floor or overhead safety hazards
• No interference with either of our two cars
• Use of the standard Tesla Mobile connector
• Charge and energy consumption metering

This is awesome! Just saw your video on hacking the Tesla key fob. Are you an engineer? Would love to see more tutorials and learn how you do all this with circuitry and programming!!!

This is awesome! Just saw your video on hacking the Tesla key fob. Are you an engineer? Would love to see more tutorials and learn how you do all this with circuitry and programming!!!

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I'm an engineer. I'm still getting up on the learning curve for producing videos, but do plan to do more.

For those who want to skip the home charging video, here are a couple of photos showing the cable management:
Plugged-In.jpg Unplugged-aligned.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: EVCarGUy and K-MTG
The key features shown in the video are:
• Quick and easy connect and disconnect
• Nothing to roll up or store
• No floor or overhead safety hazards
• No interference with either of our two cars
• Use of the standard Tesla Mobile connector
• Charge and energy consumption metering

I WANT one of your digital power monitors. I assume you built it? Share the plans? :cool:

I WANT one of your digital power monitors. I assume you built it? Share the plans? :cool:
For the power meter, you can do a search on ebay for (Amazon seems to no longer carry this):
AC 80-260V 0-100A Digital LED Panel Volt Watt Power Meter Voltmeter Ammeter

For the NEMA extender cable, you can search Amazon or ebay et al for:
Camco 55215 18" PowerGrip Extender - 50 AMP

The plastic box with the metal top panel that I used was a little tight. You may want to use a larger one.
There are a number of similar meters from Amazon and ebay. I chose this one for the large displays that I could read while sitting in the car and also for the induction coil pickup for the Ammeter (vs a current shunt). If I were to do it again, I'd recommend an open frame coil that doesn't require cutting and splicing the high current hot lead.

Let me know if you need any more info...and good luck!