TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

My Tesla M3 Reversation Page updated

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Terran, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Terran

Terran Member

From Electrek.co

My own page says “Deliveries will begin in late 2017”. Others outside of the US has changed to “Production is planned to begin in 2017”,

I'd order on 3/31, current S and future X owner, in California.

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

My Model 3 reservation page says "Deliveries will begin in late 2017". I reserved on 4/1/2016.

3. Kira

Kira Member

The source code on my reservation page has ordering information now. I doubt this means the timeline will change, but these little updates make the waiting less dull. ;)

4. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Member

Kind of encouraging. To me, the fact that they didn't change some of the reservation holders wording (like mine), It seems to indicate that they are still on track with their original schedule.

5. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

does seem an odd time to make the change though.
    I'll bet it was a fat fingered timed update.

• Like x 1
  6. MTL_HABS1909

MTL_HABS1909 Member

Reserved at the Montreal store on March 31st and my tesla page says "Production will begin in 2017".

This makes me believe that Model 3 will only be delivered in the US next year and Canada/EU/Asia will be pushed to 2018. If this is the case that will suck. I assume it would be to maximize the number of people getting the tax credit....

7. Waiting4M3

Waiting4M3 Member

The only thing anywhere close to definitive here is that people outside of US probably won't get M3 delivery in 2017, hence Tesla is only telling them production will begin in 2017 but no word on delivery. I'm guessing Tesla will focus on delivering in the US in 2017 so as many people as possible can get the tax rebate. Not a big surprise I guess.

8. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Active Member

#8 Garlan Garner, Oct 14, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    I wonder why I would need to upload files or keep track of documents on the My Tesla Page.

I can't figure it out.

{Solved] - I see from the Electrec site that has been used by MS and MX reservationists to change their order status. hmmmm...

9. McFlurri

McFlurri Member

I'm kinda disappointed. I was really holding out hope that Canadians could possibly see the Model 3 in late 2017. Guess this confirms that we wont.. :( I guess on the bright side, our vehicles will have more of the early bugs figured out....

• Like x 1
  10. igotzzoom

igotzzoom Member

I live in CA, and ordered on 3/31. Not a current owner. I'm not expecting to get mine until May '18, so if it's any earlier than that, I'll be happy.

11. CaptainKirk

CaptainKirk Member

I am personally hoping that they will prioritize those who reserved in person. Remember, the US tax credit situation only applies to US bound cars, not those shipped intentionally. Hopefully some Canucks will get a nice Christmas present!

12. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I have seen no indication to date that Tesla will do that. It has been stated that employees will get first deliveries, than current Tesla owners on the US West Coast, then East Coast, after that I'm not sure.

13. sitter_k

sitter_k Member

Maybe not an in person vs. online thing but more of a pre reveal vs. post. Perhaps people are getting the 2 mixed up since pre reveal was mostly in person.

14. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

I know we're talking about Tesla here, but I can't imagine how they're going to complete the build out of the M3 line (which has barely just started) AND work out any kinks/bugs, AND deliver production M3 cars in essentially 14 months. Maybe Elon will do like the MX and deliver the first three hand-built M3s on 12/31/17.

I don't think "regular people" will see M3s until sometime mid to late 2018.

15. Garlan Garner

Mid to late 2018? Come on.... no way.

Do you realize what that would do to their stock price?

16. Garlan Garner

I have zero confidence that those who waited in line will ever receive any exclusive benefit for doing so.

17. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

the theory goes that the in-person folks will have reserved before an online reservation just because online didn't open until after the in-person was all done - therefore would be sooner in the queue as it were.

18. Garlan Garner

I'll believe it when I see it.

There was supposed to be something exclusively special for those who waited in line. That hasn't happened yet. Not going to happen. Sooo.... I'm not sure about theories.

19. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

"Mid 2018" is only 6 months later than "Late 2017". So yeah, I could see "Mid 2018" as when real deliveries might start.

But based on the MX schedule, could be even "Late 2018". ;)

20. DameDePiques

DameDePiques Member

Why ? It has always been stated that we non-US customers won't be first to get the car. I never assumed I would get mine before 2018.