Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla M3 Reversation Page updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reserved at the Montreal store on March 31st and my tesla page says "Production will begin in 2017".

This makes me believe that Model 3 will only be delivered in the US next year and Canada/EU/Asia will be pushed to 2018. If this is the case that will suck. I assume it would be to maximize the number of people getting the tax credit....

The only thing anywhere close to definitive here is that people outside of US probably won't get M3 delivery in 2017, hence Tesla is only telling them production will begin in 2017 but no word on delivery. I'm guessing Tesla will focus on delivering in the US in 2017 so as many people as possible can get the tax rebate. Not a big surprise I guess.

I wonder why I would need to upload files or keep track of documents on the My Tesla Page.

I can't figure it out.

{Solved] - I see from the Electrec site that has been used by MS and MX reservationists to change their order status. hmmmm...

Last edited:
Reserved at the Montreal store on March 31st and my tesla page says "Production will begin in 2017".

This makes me believe that Model 3 will only be delivered in the US next year and Canada/EU/Asia will be pushed to 2018. If this is the case that will suck. I assume it would be to maximize the number of people getting the tax credit....

I am personally hoping that they will prioritize those who reserved in person. Remember, the US tax credit situation only applies to US bound cars, not those shipped intentionally. Hopefully some Canucks will get a nice Christmas present!

I know we're talking about Tesla here, but I can't imagine how they're going to complete the build out of the M3 line (which has barely just started) AND work out any kinks/bugs, AND deliver production M3 cars in essentially 14 months. Maybe Elon will do like the MX and deliver the first three hand-built M3s on 12/31/17.

I don't think "regular people" will see M3s until sometime mid to late 2018.

I know we're talking about Tesla here, but I can't imagine how they're going to complete the build out of the M3 line (which has barely just started) AND work out any kinks/bugs, AND deliver production M3 cars in essentially 14 months. Maybe Elon will do like the MX and deliver the first three hand-built M3s on 12/31/17.

I don't think "regular people" will see M3s until sometime mid to late 2018.
Mid to late 2018? Come on.... no way.

Do you realize what that would do to their stock price?

the theory goes that the in-person folks will have reserved before an online reservation just because online didn't open until after the in-person was all done - therefore would be sooner in the queue as it were.

the theory goes that the in-person folks will have reserved before an online reservation just because online didn't open until after the in-person was all done - therefore would be sooner in the queue as it were.

I'll believe it when I see it.

There was supposed to be something exclusively special for those who waited in line. That hasn't happened yet. Not going to happen. Sooo.... I'm not sure about theories.

Reactions: Altes