Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla M3 Reversation Page updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why ? It has always been stated that we non-US customers won't be first to get the car. I never assumed I would get mine before 2018.

Elon has stated that they aim to produce at least 100K in 2017. As someone who camped out for 2 days I know for a fact that I'm easily in the first 100K. And I actually think Tesla might beat that number. As such it was easy to believe 2017 could be possible. In your case living in France, it's easy to assume 2018 because there was 0 chance of getting it before then.

I reserved mine on April 2nd around 11:00AM and I live in Southwestern PA. My reservation page says "Deliveries will begin in late 2017". Hope this means we are making some progress. The waiting is tough, but exciting. I would just like to know what the options are and their costs. That would make me happy till deliveries begin.

Elon has stated that they aim to produce at least 100K in 2017. As someone who camped out for 2 days I know for a fact that I'm easily in the first 100K. And I actually think Tesla might beat that number. As such it was easy to believe 2017 could be possible. In your case living in France, it's easy to assume 2018 because there was 0 chance of getting it before then.
I don't think we are going to see any M3 in Canada till 2018.

I'm rather certain Tesla Motors will make an effort to service British Columbia by the time Tennessee residents begin to receive their cars. But Nova Scotia residents will probably get theirs after Florida folk do. But yeah, you should get your car before 2018 ends, I think.
No chance! I'm seeing my expectations to mid 2018 at best. That way I'll be pleasantly surprised at least.

Model x history and Tesla time, I see a small handful of deliveries end-ish 2017 to say "see made our timeline." Then I believe the order of operations goes, employees, Tesla owners, that will be the end of 2017, then in 2018 pre reveal west coast usa, central, East and then Canada Q1 or Q2. Maybe west Centeral and East Canada lines up with Usa but I have this weird feeling it's not the case. Who knows it might even be a small handful of deliveries then nothing till Q1 2018 pessimistically.

Last edited:
Model x history and Tesla time, I see a small handful of deliveries end-ish 2017 to say "see made our timeline." Then I believe the order of operations goes, employees, Tesla owners, that will be the end of 2017, then in 2018 pre reveal west coast usa, central, East and then Canada Q1 or Q2. Maybe west Centeral and East Canada lines up with Usa but I have this weird feeling it's not the case. Who knows it might even be a small handful of deliveries then nothing till Q1 2018 pessimistically.
The MX was a disaster concerning deliveries. As bad as Tesla was for this MX I just can't see them repeating that fiasco.

Let them do that again and you will see their stock price around $120. Its already headed in that direction without missing the M3 target.

Reactions: Red Sage
The MX was a disaster concerning deliveries. As bad as Tesla was for this MX I just can't see them repeating that fiasco.

Let them do that again and you will see their stock price around $120. Its already headed in that direction without missing the M3 target.
The last time TSLA was below $150 per share, pretty much the entire stock market was down as a result of panic over the Chinese markets. If you check the charts for other automobile manufacturers, pretty much all of them show a deep dip right about the week of February 10-12 of 2016. And of them all, the one that recovered most strongly and the quickest was TSLA. Sure, a bunch of ANALysts tried to make it seem as if only TSLA was down at the time, but anyone watching could tell those talking heads were full of [BOLSHEVIK].

You are not the only one that 'sees' things that way. A 'small handful' would be how many cars to you? 50? 25? 10 or less? Since Elon has stated his intent to strive for between 100,000 and 200,000 units of Model ☰ during 2017, such low, low numbers would be a definite disappointment, I'm sure. But I choose to believe that Elon, while exuberant, is still sincere. So, taking the low number of 100,000 as the minimal goal, and applying perhaps a 40% 'reality filter' (AKA 'pessimism filter'), that would be 40,000 units Delivered during 2017. That's a mite better than a 'small handful', right? To shoot for 100,000 to 200,000 units but Deliver barely a score of cars would be an absolute disaster. Something between 0.01% and 0.02% of a goal might as well not even be reported, let alone recorded. I believe that most people will not have to wait anywhere near as long to receive their cars as certain entities would have you believe.

You are not the only one that 'sees' things that way. A 'small handful' would be how many cars to you? 50? 25? 10 or less? Since Elon has stated his intent to strive for between 100,000 and 200,000 units of Model ☰ during 2017, such low, low numbers would be a definite disappointment, I'm sure. But I choose to believe that Elon, while exuberant, is still sincere. So, taking the low number of 100,000 as the minimal goal, and applying perhaps a 40% 'reality filter' (AKA 'pessimism filter'), that would be 40,000 units Delivered during 2017. That's a mite better than a 'small handful', right? To shoot for 100,000 to 200,000 units but Deliver barely a score of cars would be an absolute disaster. Something between 0.01% and 0.02% of a goal might as well not even be reported, let alone recorded. I believe that most people will not have to wait anywhere near as long to receive their cars as certain entities would have you believe.
I would agree with your numbers. That sounds very realistic.

Thanks. It's just that I vehemently disagree with those who expect Tesla to miss their initial Model ☰ launch goal for 2017 by as much as 99.99%. They seem to think the launch of the Model X will be the 'rule' going forward, instead of an aberration.

agreed, the snowball is gaining speed and size with time, the M3 is significantly simpler than the MX I expect they will deliver on time.

It's just that I vehemently disagree with those who expect Tesla to miss their initial Model ☰ launch goal for 2017 by as much as 99.99%. They seem to think the launch of the Model X will be the 'rule' going forward, instead of an aberration.

Aberration is the correct term. The media is so hyper focussed on the Model X delays and repeating it so much that they've convinced themselves this will happen all the time.

Just because Tesla is rather quiet on the Model 3 front at the moment doesn't mean there's been no progress internally on the project.

I'm a double Model S owner, waiting in line, was the first to complete to reservation @ Burlingame when it opened, and I'm on the West Coast. Even with all that, I'll be pleasantly surprised to get my car in 2017.

For me, disappointment is if employee cars aren't delivered in 2017. They're overdue for some love.

Thanks. It's just that I vehemently disagree with those who expect Tesla to miss their initial Model ☰ launch goal for 2017 by as much as 99.99%. They seem to think the launch of the Model X will be the 'rule' going forward, instead of an aberration.
Absolutely. I agree. I just wish Tesla would help us out in defending them for once. I mean..... no delays.