Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats on finally getting your hands on!
where are the photos of this fine beast??

With those low hanging mud flaps you could....
1 roadworks for transmission gully
2 road sweeping for Auckland city council
3 smart summon grader
4 Profit!

not sure what's going on with your death trap autopilot/FSD
maybe it was trying to change lanes
maybe not enough torque on the steering wheel
Don't throw the baby out with the bath water

FSD is beta software it's not at the stage were you can engage it and switch off
use it enough you'll learn what situations AP/FSD can't handle what it can and either not engage it in those situations or
disengage it when you see the situations it's not going to handle

There are amazing improvements happening in the US now with FSD beta who knows how long it will be before NZ sees it

I guess it depends on if you are willing to be a beta tester a very expensive beta tester
have a eye to the future and willing to working within the limits/foibles/idiosyncrasies / that come along with it
even if that means driving in AP/FSD with a foot posed above the accelerator ready for a ramdom phantom braking episode

Rush hour Auckland motorways, traffic light controlled on ramps
if your on the motorway with NoA engaged the car will see these on ramp traffic lights and thinks it should stop
it's been doing this since NoA was turned on for NZ

if it's any consolation I use FSD every day I would not be without it even with all it's it's foibles
I've learnt when and when not to use it what it can handle
and most of all, only to try out FSD with new software builds by myself ....it cuts down on the screaming :)
Nah, I like or not... after taking my steam out and knowing all other fathers go thru more or less same around the world, I decided against leaving the baby out with bathwater... after all just bought new FSD toy for M3...

Yeah, I kicked myself and went out again to clock more kilometres, minus the family shaking from earlier experience... so celebrating the new car and road trip were ruined... but no one was harmed - yey!

after spending another 200KM trying to get non-essential chores covered, just to clock kilometres such as buying soft drink supply from other end of city - lol... it offered me surprise option to confidently navigate me home...

With much reluctance, jumped in to test the feature like I would at race tracks... without letting car know that I would punish if another attempt at killing me.

Came home, all 60+ kilometre crossing Waterview tunnel, with only 3 more PB and stupid moves :)mad:) but few gentle offer for lane changing to avoid road huggers and get home faster... and one almost dead trying to look inside motorcyclist, got me home without heart attack.

When I still need to get seatbelts on rear seats moving (They never worked in brand new car), and find carbon fibre panels I missed for wooden door trimmings (it feels like a pinewood ready to be used as firewood) and few other things sorted.... I am not yet cancelling the FSD and/or selling the car with huge loss.

If only car was delivered more like a car, less like a baby... I always preferred well behaved, cutely matured, toilet trained cars in past with under 1-2 years on model release... never had one where key things were not in manual and I need to almost-die/survive to share experience :rolleyes:

As I said somewhere else, that the cruise control is 'phantom braking' is a good thing; it shows it is working to detect vehicles on a vector towards you, however temporarily. I have disengaged lane-keeping because the centre of the lane is not necessarily the best piece of the roadway.
Iconic Dog/Sheep? No, mate, you're thinking of Tirau, the corrugated iron sculptures and arty-farty shops. Timaru is south of Christchurch. Clive
Oh Sorry, another Jafa here mixing Timaru with Tirau... My bad, no offence intended.

As I said somewhere else, that the cruise control is 'phantom braking' is a good thing; it shows it is working to detect vehicles on a vector towards you, however temporarily. I have disengaged lane-keeping because the centre of the lane is not necessarily the best piece of the roadway.
Iconic Dog/Sheep? No, mate, you're thinking of Tirau, the corrugated iron sculptures and arty-farty shops. Timaru is south of Christchurch. Clive
Yup... I am JAFA, guilty as charged... understood on 3rd time.