TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

My Tesla Model S Build Thread...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by nobznss, Oct 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. nobznss

nobznss Member

Hey all. I don't see many build threads on here, but I enjoy doing them because it can help others wanting to do similar modifications... not to mention I LOVE to see the transformation. Granted, it's a lot harder to do this with a Tesla than other cars, but should be fun none-the-less. That said, below are a few different threads I've done related to builds:

2017 Toyota Tacoma:

Obz Build Thread (Pic Heavy)... Now with a Harley Build

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My 2004 Harley Sportster 883:

My SUPER Sporty Transformation... - Harley Davidson Forums

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now, the day I picked up the Tesla:

[​IMG]

It's a 2013 P85+ Model S. I bought it off of a buddy who babied it. That said, there's a lot to be done to it, and it starts this week. The hope is that someone will find this useful if they want to do something similar as I go. Anyway, wish me luck!!

• Like x 1
  2. PunchIT

PunchIT Member

Good luck! I'd follow along, had I kept my P85+. Please post videos too!

3. Ormond

Ormond Member

I hope you enjoy your new Tesla! Good luck!

4. nobznss

nobznss Member

Did a little work yesterday. Got her all clean, clayed, polished, and sealed. Looks good if I do say so myself. I'm going to throw on the boot spoiler tonight if I've got a second and maybe pull the wheels and tires in prep for powder coat.

IMG_1552.jpg IMG_1554.jpg IMG_1556.jpg

5. Don85D

Don85D Member

My interest would be if your mods improve range. Adding a spoiler may do the opposite.

On the other hand, if you are building this for 'show', have fun.

6. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Is it just me or could it use a paint correction? I see a lot of swirls there...

Sounds like a fun project - what is the plan?

7. PunchIT

PunchIT Member

Ahem... a sports car should look sporty, no? Spoiler will just do that.
    It's a P85+ after all!! The sportiest of them all!

8. nobznss

nobznss Member

Honestly I'm not too worried about it. If it does make a difference in range, I imagine it will be minimal at best.

Not swirls but during the sealant phase. That's from my dual action orbital.

Amen!

9. nobznss

nobznss Member

Got the carpets cleaned today. They probably didn't need it, but if nothing else, I'm thorough. :)

IMG_1557.jpg

10. SMAlset

SMAlset Member

Curious what color is your interior? Welcome to the family, it looks very nicely cared for.

11. nobznss

nobznss Member

Interior is Tan.

• Like x 1
  12. Tsportline

Tsportline Vendor

• Like x 1
  13. nobznss

nobznss Member

Little more work done last night. Got the wheels swapped over to a winter set. 19" Rial Lugano wheels with Blizzak tires. Definitely don't like them as much as the stock 21's but I also don't care if they get beat up. Got these from another member here for a great price! It's probably a little too early for the swap, but the 21's are on their way to powdercoat today. I'm going to shoot for a black chrome if they can pull it off, otherwise I'll do a shiny black powder... maybe even with some metal flake in it. Anyway pics... keep in mind I had the height maxed out for jacking up the car.

IMG_1562.jpg IMG_1563.jpg

14. nobznss

nobznss Member

Few things done this morning. Dropped off the wheels for powder. SUPER excited to get them done. I'm going to go with a glossy pearl black powder coat. Should look AWESOME with the pearl white. Also did a full interior detail including cleaning and conditioning the leather. SUPER impressed with the Wolfgang products. I use them for my polish and wax, and their interior stuff is pretty amazing too. Little spendy, but amazing none-the-less. Took out some of the dirtiness from the previous owner and makes them feel smooth and supple again. Oh and also installed a screen protector for the main screen. Lined up perfectly and filled the entire area. Very pleased with that purchase too!

IMG_1564.jpg IMG_1569.jpg IMG_1570.jpg IMG_1571.jpg IMG_1572.jpg

15. nobznss

nobznss Member

Got my spoiler installed. Yes it was the cheap amazon version (I have no interest in paying $1500 for Tesla's) and I must say, not terrible quality. I did have the gaps as others have mentioned, but fixed those up with some weight on each side overnight. Now adhering perfectly. I also put some extra double sided tape on a few of the areas just to help with the adhesion. Anyway, some pics below...

IMG_1573.jpg IMG_1575.jpg IMG_1576.jpg IMG_1577.jpg IMG_1578.jpg

16. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Looks just as good as OEM... nice job!

• Like x 1